PDA

View Full Version : Need AOD TV cable for 5.0

fatdaddy
12-03-2007, 09:19 PM
I'm doing a 5.0 conversion and I need an AOD TV cable to complete.

Ddubb
12-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Would an AOD TV cable from a 3.8 Tbird work ?? I might have one laying around .. I also have a 5.0 Tbird here that I could check for throttle body location, etc .. should be very similar.

- Dan

fatdaddy
12-04-2007, 06:09 PM
I'm told that the 5.0 has a different cable. I haven't verified yet. I'd appreciate the check. Does anyone know the part #s for both cables to do a xrefence?

Ddubb
12-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Yeah .. slightly different. The one I have is from a 3.8 NA. Throttle body location is almost in the same spot as the 5.0. The SC kickdown mounts a little further back towards the firewall.

The 3.8 NA clips into the throttle body bracket, and the 5.0 uses a screw to hold it onto the bracket .. although I dont see why it wouldnt be possible to modify it slightly to workj ( drill a hole for the screw ) - as long as the cable itself is long enough. I would need to spend a little more time and compare the lengths of the two cables to be sure.

- Dan

fatdaddy
12-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Dan,
Thanks for the assistance!
I have a 3.8 cable and bracket for the 5.0 but it would be good to know how the two compare in length. I will experiment. I still want the correct part though. Let me know what conclusion you come to.

rick