PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else up here at their wits end?

V8Supercoupe
12-04-2007, 05:09 PM
Im thinking about letting go guys. Once again I am close, but I just don't have the ambition to finish.

I have what I would call an exotic motor at this point with time/R&D and parts that no -one has ventured in our community to experiment with. I got a nice motor....AGAIN....built to go to 7k, a half way decent 95 5 speed, but I just don't have the guts for it anymore.

~~~~....I hate not having my own shop like I used to. This would have been a crazy motor too. Seriously losing my ambition for this crap.:rolleyes:

ANyone else in the same boat?

95badbird
12-04-2007, 05:19 PM
I sorta was when I had surgery done on my knee, I couldn't do a damn thing....but that has changed recently. I'm all fired up again.

Maybe just take a rest for a bit, and get back into it.

V8Supercoupe
12-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Ive been resting....LOL.

Im tired of everthing laying around.;)

Want2LearnTBIRD
12-04-2007, 07:38 PM
maybe SC not meant for you....u can donate everything to me i won't mind

V8Supercoupe
12-05-2007, 12:04 AM
maybe SC not meant for you....u can donate everything to me i won't mind

8 years and 7 of these cars. Hmm. I doubt it.:D

XR7 Dave
12-05-2007, 09:31 AM
Im tired of everthing laying around.;)There is only one solution. Put the motor in and start driving it. No excuses, no reasons, no put-offs, just do it. ;)

SCrazy
12-05-2007, 10:56 AM
I'd like to know if Skip has ever really driven an SC? I know he's 1/2 built more cars than anyone I'm aware of but I'm not sure I've ever heard of him actually driving one.

V8Supercoupe
12-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Yeah Dave, you've only been saying that to me for how long now? :p

If I were smart I would have kept my 93 with the 5.HO conversion I did. I wound up giving that car to Jay up in NH when he Tboned that telephone pole a few years ago. He needed a body so I gave it to him.

Brian, I've really only built one motor. I wound up selling it. Then I did the HO swap on the same car.....gave it away, and now I am building this motor. Actually it's built. It's taken forever, but it's done. It just needs all the acc. put on and thrown in the engine bay. Just coming up with rockers took forever.

This motor, if I muster up the ambition and remaining funds should be a headturner. I emphasize, "should be". WHo knows....maybe it will flop. The guy who built is the typical motorhead who didn't approach it with an SC mentality. I don't know if that's good or bad. I suppose it will be one of the many experiments we've all tried to accumulate in hopes of getting th ideal combo. It was built with the intent to turn to 7k and live thinking I would have had that 'ol whipple on it I had sold. Even that's gone.

We'll see. I have had too much time on my hands. I haven't worked in months and months. I fell down a flight of stairs on a job and that screwed me. The just as I cleared that hurdle I t-boned someone doing 40 with my GSXR1000. 7k worth of damage to the bike..... I just have too much time on my hands and you start thinking about stuff.....Im easily depressed with an overabundance of time on my hands.

bigpoppa822
12-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Giving up? I'm just getting started. I had my SC for not even a month when every day even after a 10 hour workday I'd still come home and work on ripping the motor out. My father and I did our engine swap with the back end of a backhoe because we didn't have a cherry picker, and did the entire swap with hand tools, when I'd never even driven an SC before. My SC is my third car and by far my favorite. It's such a sleeper, when you roast a mustang and tell them you have a v6 their jaw hits the floor. I love that. I love how people in this club have the dedication to making a car that runs mid 15's stock to go mid 10's and weigh well over 3000 pounds. With your new motor and whatever forced induction setup you were going to run, I bet your car would go like a raped ape as well. I love that our cars are a dying breed and not many people know about them. Owning an SC is such a fun experience even though our cars are sometimes a pain in the ~~~. All you have to do is go for a ride and hear that blower whine, and you'll be hooked all over again.
-Tom

rtebeau
12-05-2007, 10:42 PM
this is only my first sc so im kind of just getting into the game but iv been hooked ever since i herd my dads 89 xr7 screaming down the highway and im still young (18) and got alot to learn about these wonderful cars but i can already tell its gonna be a fun journey :D:D

ald42
12-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Hi,Skip it's the old guy i thought you were MIA,no word from u? I guess u had your problems.I'm sure it'll get better.I just finished eng. and trans and it's all back in runs good, remember at the cookout I did'nt know what a throttle body was?? now I can say and set a crank sensor.Now I will put nose on and paint car.Wish I knew u had time could have used help on rebuild!! Anyway give me a call or pm me # is 954-3253,need to figure out what to do with the 93 sc parts car? let's get together for coffee or whatever. Thanks Al Dumas

V8Supercoupe
12-13-2007, 11:38 PM
Hey AL. Im still kicking. I visit the website often, but I tend to lurk in the background and no one really hears from me. I am trying to work up the ambition to keep going but I have so many other priorities. At this point I would just like to have a running car again....but I know what happens. I get a stock car and then Im not happy with it. Thousands later I have a built motor but have lost the ambition in the meanitime to install it. LMAO!

Im such a glutton.

ald42
12-14-2007, 01:04 PM
HI Skip,If u need a hand putting in motor remember I'm retired,have time If u need company ,I don't have fun unless I get my hands dirty.Lets get er done!! We need to get u out of this "slump".Maybe u could come by and look at this parts car,don't want to sell to junkie I'm thinking someone in the club would want it for $100-200?:)