pics of timeing cover repair

Richard,

You need to be more specific about what part of doing the repair you need info about.

Main things involved in removing the timing cover are....pulling the balancer, pulling the cam sensor scyncro stalk and removing the water pump. Suggest picking up a repair manual.

David

Richard,

You need to be more specific about what part of doing the repair you need info about.

Main things involved in removing the timing cover are....pulling the balancer, pulling the cam sensor scyncro stalk and removing the water pump. Suggest picking up a repair manual.

David
And tools needed.. wrenches, hammer, propane torch, pry bar, penetrating oil, propane torch, allen wrench (look closely) ;) , propane torch. Due to the corrosion and buildup on the 3 studs, you would not believe how hard it is to pry off that cover. Note also.. tapered chisel. After heating up the studs, you pound it between the block and the cover to get it to move forwards.

This is what you will typically need.

Attachments

• TChainEssentials.jpg
    TChainEssentials.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
remove belts 18mm wrench, remove power steering pully,
remove power streeing bracket remove hoses remove timing cover bolts and 1 allen hidden near oil pump oh yeah remove oil pump,

propane torch if housing wont come off heat the studs ,

penatraighting oil , clean housing and block remove all gasket material,

make sure oil pump bypas valve is clean if diirty remove they sell new ones cheap oh yeah if you first time video tape removal or write step by step down as you remove parts always mark crank position and pully position,

before removing the timing cover mark position of cam sensor and dont turn engine, after removal of cover,

oh yeah drain coolant before removing anything what else hmm?

keep my phone number near by if you get stuck call me ill go over it with you step by step i have a sc im gonna tear down so i can lead you through it .

or drive to so calif and ill do it for you i have extra stuff if yours is ruined.

Don't forget to do an oil change before you start the engine after doing the timing cover......

This will eliminate anything that could have fallen into the oil pan (old gasket material or coolant) while removing the cover.....

I do this as preventive maintenance everytime I R & R a timing cover.....:D

Back