2 Questions

Hock

I have 2 questions.

1) I put on a MAF from a Mustang GT, mine was bad, now I getting a code 66 (Low MAF voltage). What does that mean exactly?

2) What the difference in the M5R1 and our M5R2's. I just looked at my brothers F150 and it has a the M5R1 (its 4 wheel drive). I was thinking about trying to get one of those and swap the parts to make it work in the Bird. Has anybody done that?
I know that it won't be easy to do but its nothing that I can't handle.

Some information Please

(1) What yr. Mustang?
(2) What size Mustang Engine?
(3) What size Mustang MAF?
(4) What size Mustang Injectors?

68COUGAR

1) 90 (I believe)
2) 5.0 (GT)
3) Looks like the stock one I took off my 90 Bird
4) 19Lbs (That should be stock GT)

Hey, man you are just down the road from me. Just 20 miles. Any way did you take the injectors out of a Mustang also? If so then I think you would have been better of with what came in your bird. As for the mas air sensor, in the year that you said, the voltage is the same as the SC's and shouldn't be a problem. The trannys are pretty much the same on the inside, but it is four wheel drive and the out put shaft is dfferent and the case is different, along with the shifter.

Biggin':D

bigg_boy

No, I didn't change the injectors just the MAF. My SC does run better now at the top end and it don't do the spontaneus stumble like it did before.

Now as far as the trans, I know about the shifter but that would be cured by putting on my tail housing and rails for the shifter, which shouldn't be to hard to do (just a couple of bolts and rollpins). I figured that the output shaft would be short, I talked that over with my dad and he said the same thing, but neither one of us was sure if there would be the same problem with a 2 wheel drive or not. Now I'm not to sure that the case is different. I looked at my brothers F150 and the only difference that I saw was the transfer and the shifter, which I said can be eaisly fixed so long the output shaft isn't different. But I still have a lot of research before I do it.

But email me your phone number and I will give you a call, maybe we'll learn something from each other. My address should be on my profile.

Later,
Hock

Back