PDA

View Full Version : "Foriegn" Visitor

txsc
12-06-2007, 01:10 AM
Just wanted to drop in and say that I was up in your area (Hartford/Newington, CT) a couple of weeks ago on business, and y'all have a really nice part of the country. I was surprised at how hilly and wooded everything is. I was thinking that it was going to be alot more urbanized and population-dense than it is. I had the chance to drive around and sight-see a little bit; really pretty country. And everyone was really nice; not at all the typical "nasty northerner" steroptype.

All that said, I nearly froze 'em off, and it was only in the 30's. When I was leaving, the desk clerk said it was going to SNOW over the weekend!

Cheers,

JD

SCrazy
12-06-2007, 09:43 AM
16 Degrees in Hartford this morning.

I'm thinking I need a business trip to Texas.......

bigpoppa822
12-06-2007, 10:06 AM
23 and windy here in downtown Boston.
Glad to see you liked New England, you're lucky you didn't come up here and have to deal with us Ma$sholes though.

seawalkersee
12-06-2007, 11:15 AM
I think winter has set in at least in the mid west part of the country. It was spitting snow yesterday here and there was frost on the ground this morning. Two days ago, it was fifty degrees at 2 o'clock in the morning. At 6 it was thirty.

Chris

txsc
12-06-2007, 12:16 PM
23 and windy here in downtown Boston.
Glad to see you liked New England, you're lucky you didn't come up here and have to deal with us Ma$sholes though.

I was dealing with a couple of guys from the Boston area. They were the most fun of the group! Good BS sessions at the bar in the evenings! - JD

PS: 75 and sunny here today...

txsc
12-06-2007, 12:18 PM
I think winter has set in at least in the mid west part of the country. It was spitting snow yesterday here and there was frost on the ground this morning. Two days ago, it was fifty degrees at 2 o'clock in the morning. At 6 it was thirty.

Chris

I'm headed to KC for Christmas at the wife's relatives (in Olathe). Not looking forward to the temperature "shock". Or the car clean-up when I get home!

JD

rtebeau
12-06-2007, 03:06 PM
most people from Boston are fun (specially all the Irish brothers from southie, haha) but right when you get in a car with them its a whole different story...... haha
m@sshole for life
hahaha

Want2LearnTBIRD
12-06-2007, 03:12 PM
you want population dense and urbanized.....go about 2 hours south from you were and travel around lowngiiiiiland. nucking futs downd thur

seawalkersee
12-07-2007, 12:34 AM
Yeah....about 1000 hours, I was on the phone with my buddy and he said it was snowing west of here...Needless to say, about twenty minutes later it started snowing here. A few hours later, a few inches of snow on the ground.

Chris

txsc
12-07-2007, 01:17 AM
you want population dense and urbanized.....go about 2 hours south from you were and travel around lowngiiiiiland. nucking futs downd thur

Yeah, I did that one evening to kill some time. Went down to NYC and drove around Manhattan. Would have been nice to ditch the rental car and walk around for awhile, but apparently there is NOWHERE to stash a car in Manhattan...