Rack & Pinion Intermediate Fitting

I know Jason (FordPartsCounter) over at tccoa was able to get that fitting a few months ago when I was looking for one. I'll warn you though, I ended up rebuilding my fitting when I saw the price for a new one.

-Rod

i actually scored a set of the teflon seals for this setup years ago, but i have no clue how to rebuild this fitting. any help or explanation would be great. i've already wrecked one trying to get it apart.

That fitting is not repairable in any way shape or form if leaking at the swivel.. The seals are used for thread sealing at secondary connection points. Internal seal failures are not repairable. That is a current and totally available part from any ford dealer. Part # F1sz-3a719-d

The swivel end has a o-ring inside that is usually dried/crumbling away by this point. I replaced the teflon seals, installed a new o-ring in the swivel, and voila, no more leak.

-Rod

That is correct, the pressure line adapter tube is still available. The similar piece on the return line going in to the rack is discontinued however.

cheers
Ed N.

thats the odd thing, you can get the return line fitting everywhere(autozone - carquest - rockauto.com) but no pressure fitting

It is strange! The return fitting is powercraft/edelmann part# 39104 and gates part# 350190 for anyone that should ever need it.

You can get a fitting that for all purposes is identical to the stock low pressure fitting through Ford still. Ford Part number F3LY3A713D. I bought one through Jason over on tccoa back in July for $5.85. I couldn't see any difference between it and the original low pressure fitting, and I've had it on my car for the past few months without any issues.

-Rod

Back