PDA

View Full Version : intake setups beside zr and scp

wantan17
04-26-2002, 03:54 PM
what are other intake setups besides zr and scp. i dont know how to find t-t or any others. thanks.

uniqueredsc
04-26-2002, 04:06 PM
Mac intake or u can contact Dookie on the SCCWC site.Later.

SeanMatteson
04-27-2002, 01:02 AM
I love my MAC!

white90sc
04-27-2002, 01:16 AM
Matt, just go with what i got in my SC i went to Spring Lake to Aliles Tire co. (you know what im talking about) and they had a ford focus intake tube so i would highly recommend that....it fits and works great its $130 otd

JERRY

SVTman 74
04-27-2002, 02:43 AM
www.densecharger.com

They have a cold air intake kit that goes before the MAF sensor, and a 6 inch K and N cone filter is included goes down into the fender. for 80- 90 bucks I got it for my 95

dseidner
04-28-2002, 03:30 AM
My densecharger was rad, although the instructions sucked, and it's going to be a bitch to clean the filter when I want to. The noise it makes while sucking in the air is awesome.
------Dylan

stas
04-28-2002, 11:25 AM
Does the 6" K&N provide enough air for a slightly modified/modified SC?
Stas.

Tazer999
04-28-2002, 01:16 PM
I have the t-t and I quite enjoy it, very cheap also, :)

http://members.tccoa.com/ryanb/performance/t-t_intake.jpg

wantan17
04-29-2002, 04:43 PM
i like the t-t alot but where the heck can i get one?

white90sc
04-29-2002, 07:06 PM
hey matt you dont want that thing?? you need to see mine it's alot nicewr looking

crocodilehunter1
04-29-2002, 11:46 PM
Anyone have pics of the Densecharger intake, and would a 9" cone work on it? Also, what site can we buy T-T and MAC from?? Thanks

Ben
90 XR7 SC Modded

SVTman 74
04-30-2002, 01:29 AM
goto www.tbirdsc.com/index.html (http://www.tbirdsc.com/index.html) then click on specs I have pics there of the densecharger

Tazer999
04-30-2002, 09:31 PM
umm white90sc do you know what you just said? Don't buy a product because it isn't pretty?

You don't know much about performance do you? I guess not, seeing as you have a focus intake but oh well

uniqueredsc
04-30-2002, 09:41 PM
Hmmmm?I think this is not the only one he made a comment like that.Think first before u said something.

white90sc
04-30-2002, 09:48 PM
ha ha ha it looks like you picked it up at the junk yard?? it looks like someone took a grinder to it.. but what's wrong with the ford focus intake????that's what i thought -lol-

Tazer999
04-30-2002, 09:59 PM
Sorry dude, but I don't care what it looks like. Does it also look like my engine is clean? That was polished aluminum when i bought it just to let you know, pretty much chrome.

I just don't clean it, because i see no point of having a fancy looking engine (no offense George), when I could spend the money on performance mods instead that actually do things for my car.

And the thing thats wrong with the focus intake is a) its for a ~~~, b) its for a ~~~, c) how big is it? 1"? d) its for a focus..

white90sc
04-30-2002, 10:17 PM
Look smartass just because your buddy works down at muffler man doesnt give you the right to make stupid excuses about why you just plain dont take theTIME to keep your own car clean. You probably run slower times because you have lumps of @#%$ hanging off of your car.

By the way, the, FORD, focus intake that i am currently running is at least a half to a full inch bigger than yours. Yes it looks good , but also works [i gurantee a lot better than your ~~~ ]. If you pick at using pieces from other vehicles to enhance your performance [classic hot rodding] You seem to mock your own excuse of show over go, dont you?

Bottom line: shut the hell up when you obviously have no clue whatsoever, on what you are talking about!

Tazer999
04-30-2002, 10:20 PM
I have no clue what I am talking about? You have over half of this board pissed off at you, you have insulted some of the smartest people here, and you still think you are god.

Any time you want to race man, you name a place and I will race you for pink slips. I'll give you a damn had start if you want, if you want to see my mods, check my webpage.

ps: So when did focus intakes start using 4" mandrel bent tubing?

white90sc
04-30-2002, 10:34 PM
your light covers are very pretty....and the mud flaps are nice what size super swampers do you plan on runnin.

your site sucks i couldnt see half of your mods which are very similar to my own
if i can insult some of the smartest people here that must tell you something... or cant that small little brain of yours take hints....

Tazer999
04-30-2002, 11:31 PM
Yah it must tell me you have no balls because you do internet insults..

And the reason most of the pictures don't work is because I haven't taken the pictures yet. How about you post some pictures of your bird so we can mock it? Or do you just have a focus...

Tazer999
04-30-2002, 11:34 PM
http://members.tccoa.com/rksc90/assclown.jpg

SVTman 74
04-30-2002, 11:35 PM
Hey white90sc is that a stock FOcus intake?? or an aftermarket intake for a focus??

I am wondering because I work at the Wayne Assembly plant where they make the focus, and the intake SUCKS. It is small and has very sharp bends. I know because I see it every day. AS for people saying the Focus in general sucks...I dont think 10 hr 6 day production days since 99 would be necasssary for a car that has the highest selling rating of all FOrd Cars. and 2 yrs running for motor trend car of the year.

Micahdogg
05-01-2002, 10:39 AM
My two cents...........i would use a Tiburon intake if it fit the bill.

And why don't we all just admit that we are riceboys at heart and enjoy nice looking engine pieces. There is nothing wrong with that. Even if you sacrifice 1HP here and there for an AWESOME looking engine bay.

If you don't care what the parts look like that you install, they why do you care what your car looks like (as long as it runs good). It's the same thing...and most of us enjoy making the exterior look good.......therefore..............

Micah

tbird88
05-01-2002, 10:52 AM
Good answer!

'bird

white90sc
05-01-2002, 02:44 PM
its a after markit intake and its 3 1/2 in. thanks you vary much!!

p.s vary good answer

z90sc
05-02-2002, 12:22 AM
This has kinda' gone overboard hasn't it?

SCandelous95
05-02-2002, 12:28 PM
chicken pot chicken pot chicken pot piiiieeeeeee!

capsfan88
05-02-2002, 12:37 PM
Just shoot me! NICE!!!!!!:lol:

Nettlesd
05-02-2002, 01:45 PM
Here's a picture of an aftermarket Focus intake. It might just work since it looks like it has a nice bend in it to drop the filter down in the area of the stock intake box.

It would be much better if he gave some part numbers or supplied a picture of it on his car. Hopefully, he'll learn from some of the old timers around this site (hint, hint). If not, I'm sure Micah's site will have the guy wearing pink underwear and bra with a dog humping his leg. Respect, it's all about respect (hint hint).

http://216.19.71.253/focusimages/Ford%20Focus%205%20copy.jpg

white90sc
05-02-2002, 10:55 PM
nice pic.??

stas
05-04-2002, 11:21 AM
I'd really like to see a pic of a Focus intake fitted on an SC. Does anyone have a photo of the T-T intake on their SC?
Stas.

SeanMatteson
05-05-2002, 12:00 AM
I'll say it again...

I LIKE MY MAC!!!

It's large diameter. It's chromed. It allows me to get rid of that ugly air box, and it sucks cooler air in from within the fender-well. And best of all, under boost conditions it makes the best sucking sounds!!! ;) ...Talk about blower wine!!!

And, when you're Canadian and you buy from Fast Ed at Fines Ford, you can opt for the upgraded hardware... SS clamps and nuts/bolts!!!

But that's my opinion, which isn't to say that I can't respect the opinions of others here in this forum!!!

Regards,

tbirdsc357
05-05-2002, 12:45 AM
I have to agree with Sean, the MAC intake has worked very well for me. I just don't understand why anyone would buy an intake designed for another car when there are many good options available, in terms of performance and looks, for the supercoupe. However if you are happy:D ....what the hell, go for it.

If anyone wants to see the MAC intake check out the Photo Gallery in my site. :smokin:
Don't type WWW, just copy and paste.

tbirdsc357.tripod.com

Steve.

tbirdsc357
05-05-2002, 03:28 AM
TEST>

Pablo94SC
05-05-2002, 04:18 AM
That honestly doesn't look like a bad fit. What's the length, and what are the part numbers, cost, and who makes it. I've got a rice shop done the street that I'm sure sells them... maybe they'd do a group buy if the tube fits without too much issue. Hmm..

Paul

Nettlesd
05-05-2002, 02:21 PM
Pablo94sc,

I think you are talking about my picture that I displayed in my post. If you "right click and view the image" then you can see the url where I obtained the picture. From there, cut and paste the URL and you should be able to find the information you are looking for.

Pablo94SC
05-05-2002, 04:41 PM
Duh, didn't think about that. HEHE. I must be losing my mind. :) Thanks.

tbird88
05-06-2002, 01:01 AM
I saw a Focus setup in the manufacturer's area of the drags this weekend, price was 85.00, asked if I could buy the tube separate and they said no. Not sure what the diameter was but it was a nice lookin' piece and definitely looks like an easy swap into a SC. It was pretty much a show-polished item.
Can't remember exactly but I think the brand started with a "D". I have the vendor's card, I'll look on their website for the kit and see what the brand is. Might be possible to contact the maker and buy just the tube. If the whole kit is $85 then hopefully the tube can be had for 50 or less...

'bird

Nettlesd
05-06-2002, 10:07 AM
Well, it would be so much easier if White90SC would just post some part numbers, manufacturer or just give us some information about it. I mean, he does claim he has one so there's no reason why he can't help others out with some information.

Hey guys, just remember that when White90SC asks for help. Now, to have some fun with him over at Micah's site. he he

white90sc
05-06-2002, 11:38 AM
really, why would i say that i have a ford focus intake, i mean come on it a focus and thats considered a rice burner! so i dont think i would be lieing about putting it in my car. it fits really good i took the little add on bend off that you see in the upper pic. and it has the best shape to fit are cars. i wish i had a scanner or digital camera so i could it off but sorry i dont. i ordered it from AERO SPEED because i seen it in a local store but it was sold.

Thanks,
Jerry

white90sc
05-06-2002, 11:07 PM
hey- sorry i dont have a part # but i had someone from a local shop order it i will try to post a pic. it really does fit and look really good. dont be afraid to try other brands or parts just make sure that u can return them.