D/S Seatbelt

89XR7TD

SCCoA Member
The D/S seatbelt stopped working on my 89 won't move at all.
the motor still makes the whine sound but no movement. Has this happened to any of you guys? Thanks,

Tom

I think I've seen a few threads on this subject in the past. You might want to hit the search feature and give that a shot; probably find someone who's had the same problem.

JD

Found it!

Thanks, did a search and found 1 with pics and what to look for when I open up the door panel:)

Tom

I went to the junkyard and bought a whole track and motor for $8 and it worked great, instead of trying to trouble shoot one bad part I just replaced the whole thing.

guys--

anyone with an older SC or any other car that has those seatbelts needs to check into this....last time I knew, Mazda had a similar issue with certain years of the RX7, and because it is a required safety feature, it is supposed to be warrantied for the life of the car. I have known a few people that have gone to the manufacturer and gotten it fixed like it was a recall--no cost.

Worth checking into if you cannot find the needed parts at your local boneyard. Also know this--even if you do find the parts, they are coming out of a used car, and those used parts have already begun to wear.

Back