traction problems, is it winters fault?

johnrada

Ok I just got my SC back after do some gaskets and ARP head studs, clutch flywheel etc. The only suspension mod I have made during this is the 1.5 inch eibach springs, and a 1.25 addco rear bar, with lowering links. Since I got the car back, the tires spin real bad at around 3 grand, in gears 1 through 3, at WOT. Is it because it's colder out? Do I really need an alignment, just for tractions sake? I'm not doing any crazy turns so I figure I could slip by on the alignment until I have some extra money, it is xmas soon :rolleyes:. Anyway, for further details, it seems that the rear of the car fishtails to the right almost every time, maybe there is a problem in the rear? any ideas anyone??:confused:

Ok I just got my SC back after do some gaskets and ARP head studs, clutch flywheel etc. The only suspension mod I have made during this is the 1.5 inch eibach springs, and a 1.25 addco rear bar, with lowering links. Since I got the car back, the tires spin real bad at around 3 grand, in gears 1 through 3, at WOT. Is it because it's colder out? Do I really need an alignment, just for tractions sake? I'm not doing any crazy turns so I figure I could slip by on the alignment until I have some extra money, it is xmas soon :rolleyes:. Anyway, for further details, it seems that the rear of the car fishtails to the right almost every time, maybe there is a problem in the rear? any ideas anyone??:confused:

are the roads a bit salty if so that will make them spin easy.. my car is the same during winter months tires will eat up easy and nice.. i cant give it more then 1/4 throttle when taking off.. my car is stock suspension wise..

mods are
my home ported early model blower, 10%od on it stock exhasut (with no cats no res and no mufflers) 3:73s in the rear custom maybe by me cia.

I hate to ask the obvious, but what shape are the tires in?? Remember it doesn't take a whole lot of power and more than a bit of almost anything on the road to spin the tires in our cars.

Ira

the roads were a little salty a few days ago, and it did snow, and i didn't have a chance to get on it prior to the snow while breaking in my clutch, I guess that's the culprate. I thought the same thing, but even where the roads are pitch black it still does it, and I find it really odd teh the car reacts the same way in each gear, fish tails the same exact way. The tires are in pretty good shape, especially the rears so I don't think it would be that. It use to do it at the top of first gear anyway, but not til 4 g's so i got a little worried that something might have been wrong with the rear. Any other suggestions, possibly mechanical?

I was thinking maybe the trak lock wasn't working being how one side kicked out every time, maybe meaning getting the one wheel spin syndrome ya know?

i thought this was just a normal thing in all supercoupes

when it first rained it was the scariest thing, slipping and sliding from light acceleration...im not used to accelerating slower that a gradmother...but with all that torque you have too:D

eventually i bought 275rear tires, and that pretty much cured the problem. and i just stoped driving in rain if i didnt have too.

cold weather= less traction. I can spin through first and second in the stang now because the roads are so cold and I couldn't do that in the summer

Ok well then I guess I'm not the only one, I will be gettin the 275's in the rear when I get my cobra's, but that won't be for a while, thanks for everyones opinion/info!

Back