Silver Bullet 9.989et at 135.303mph run in testing first SC in the 9's

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Team SBR sets new record)

Silver Bullet Racing sets first 9 second run with a 9.989etat 135.303mph with near perfect reaction time .005 to top it off. Well it was a mad dash to get to the track before test and tune closed the lanes Chuck just finished the car and wanted to do two test runs to see if the car will go straight with no control problems with the IRS suspension before the 22nd Nor-Cal meet. We got there pulled it out of the box went through tech put right in the lane I got strapped in waited for the go signal from the starter

First run car left like a rocket pulled the wheels sat it down hit 2nd and it made a hard move toward the center line I shut her down that was wild to say the least. Chuck made some adjustments to the suspension Dan down loaded the run graph made a tune adjustment it was real cold temps we got it cooled down got the IC like frozen ice we where ready again on a mission

Final run I wanted to make it good I left on the tree we used full converter stall on the trans brake it left real hard with a 1.481 60ft there was no tire spin or shake it went straight down the groove I shifted it early it was moving so quick and fast I know it would be good it went through the eye's a 9.989et at 135.030mph the new quickest and fastest SC record in the 9's. The hard work of my high tech guys payed off to get an IRS,AOD,M-90, 3.8v6 into the 9's awesome job by great guy's

After the 9 second run the NHRA tech officials come over looked the car over we now have a few issues to correct some big most SFI requirements need to be in place well get it done for Dec 22nd its nice to have a car that works for you not like before with top end darting shaking tire spin Chuck and Dan hat's off to two masters at what they do best

Attachments

• Dcp_1652.jpg
    Dcp_1652.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:
deleted. i decided that my preaching doesn't bring anything positive to the discussion. sorry.

Last edited:
Wow, I was hoping you'd make it and you have. Amazing! How much weight did you manage to take out of the car? I'd love to see a wheels up shot, it would make a great sig picture. :D

I just wish you folk's would just give him a break...........geesh!

Chuck (one of the gent's) that has done a lot of work work on the IRS got ant's in his pant's to do a quick check of his set up and asked Jim to take the car to the track and see what would happen. Chuck has alot of customers watching the work being done with this SC. Chuck has alot riding on this set up to prove it works. Dan did some retuning to help it run smoother and fast.

Jim is still holding to the 22nd date for the track and there will be video and pic's......I'll make sure of it. There will be other SCCOA members there also.

So Jimis is excitied about his run last night.....would'nt you be?
Let's give him the benifit of a dought and see what happens the 22nd.
Just relax.............
It seem's to me the the BS start's with a few members of the SCCOA. It's all good though, crow will be served after the 22nd.

BTW: his time slip is real!

Kurt

Damn it Jim, the more I think about this the madder I get! This should be a crowning achievment for you, your tech guys, and probably even for your dad. ( I hate to even bring that up but you seem to pretty often so I presume it means a lot to you).

But instead of doing this in the light of day where we can all call our friends in and out of the magazine industry and use your latest work as another example that our cars really are something special, you sneak out in the middle of the night and do this. Again. How the hell can we take pride in, or publicize your accomplishments like this?? Even the few friendly authors we may know will need more than a blank time slip before they can even think about looking at this.

The first MN12 into the 9's. Hell of an accomplishment! And I'm not even going to ask how you shaved a 1/2 second off your last run. You wouldn't tell me anyway. I just wish you would do more than just take the bragging rights for being #1 and give a little back to the rest of us who aren't as dedicated as you to that goal.

I sure as hell hope that when the 22nd rolls around that you can duplicate this. Some people are taking to a lot of time and trouble to be there to help you document this stuff. Be a shame if it rained or something went wrong. And I can't even imagine the bs that will flow if for some reason the car isn't ready to go and can't duplicate this run.

9 seconds. 4000lbs. I can't even imagine it. Must have been awsome. Wish I could see it and share in your accomplishment.

Ira

Since he left out 'full weight' this time, I'm guessing he pulled ~500lbs from the car.

I just wish you folk's would just give him a break...........geesh!

Chuck (one of the gent's) that has done a lot of work work on the IRS got ant's in his pant's to do a quick check of his set up and asked Jim to take the car to the track and see what would happen. Chuck has alot of customers watching the work being done with this SC. Chuck has alot riding on this set up to prove it works. Dan did some retuning to help it run smoother and fast.

Jim is still holding to the 22nd date for the track and there will be video and pic's......I'll make sure of it. There will be other SCCOA members there also.

So Jimis is excitied about his run last night.....would'nt you be?
Let's give him the benifit of a dought and see what happens the 22nd.
Just relax.............
It seem's to me the the BS start's with a few members of the SCCOA. It's all good though, crow will be served after the 22nd.

BTW: his time slip is real!

Kurt

I'm not questioning that he did it Kurt. I am just expressing my frustration that he appears to be doing it in a vacuum, that's all. I feel that an accomplishment such as this should be shared. Perhaps my discontent, and others maybe, is the in how he presents it. His post said nothing about his team getting antsy and dragging the car out to check anything. All it said was, essentially, hey, we showed up and broke all the records and by the way did we forget to tell you all we decided not to wait until the 22nd??

I think he needs to realize that the perception of how he is doing this is as important as the reality of actually doing it.

Of course, that's just my opinion. You mileage may vary. As I also said, "9 seconds. 4000lbs. I can't even imagine it. Must have been awsome. Wish I could see it and share in your accomplishment." With all the publicity about doing this on the 22nd, right now it just seems like they snuck out in the middle of night to do this. [shrug] Hey, what do I know. I'm struggling just to keep mine together again........

Ira

Last edited:
Wow, I was hoping you'd make it and you have. Amazing! How much weight did you manage to take out of the car? I'd love to see a wheels up shot, it would make a great sig picture. :D

Thanks Dave

Chuck worked hard on the car taking weight out and keep it looking stock he took 800lbs out of the car it is now at 3300lbs car feels so differaint and drives differaint we got some SFI issues to take care of now. I shifted it early at 5600 next time out will bring it up to 6000

Last edited:
Jim,

Big Congrats !!! 9s in a v6 SC is super impressive no matter how you did it. It's also very impressive that you were able to predict almost exactly how quick and fast the car was going to run and you did it with only one clean pass.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=694415&postcount=26

David

PS: Thanks for getting far enough ahead of me that I won't be tempted to try and catch you.

Thanks David

I cant take credit for predicting the numbers that's 50+ years of Dan working with the best and setting them up to run the numbers he kept telling me what its going to run. Chuck gave him the weight Dan took it for there these guy's have been at it when we where in dippers ;-) I cant never thank them enough real high tech group to take the time and effort to get it to this point

Last edited:
I was really surprised to see Dave's car ran 10.6 a year ago...:eek: Nine second run...I am speechless. congrats , Jim and your crew. Good to see that all that hard work, time and money paid off big time!
Payton

Jim,

Could you post up your 10.659 E.T. time slip? It looks like you removed it from your other thread.

-Rod

Jim,

Could you post up your 10.659 E.T. time slip? It looks like you removed it from your other thread.

-Rod

Rod, there's a copy on the Top SC List. And you're right, they do appear to be. [shrug]

Ira

Last edited:

Those are nice!

George need a picture for the front page I told him of the older one from 2001 in the daylight he posted it and it looks nice. I have others that are nice I should have left the one with me and dad on there :-( Well get some nice daylight pictures the 22nd Need a got shot for Ford Flash Back

( NOTE ) the one picture in the background is SO-CAL Quickest & Fastest man John Shelton my good friend and Kelly Simmons of Las Vegas not sure who the other guy is? that was a great day

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back