PDA

View Full Version : 9.989et at 135.303mph on test run Silver Bullet makes SC history

Jim Demmitt Jr
12-09-2007, 04:03 AM
(Team SBR sets new record)

Silver Bullet Racing sets first 9 second run with a 9.989etat 135.303mph with near perfect reaction time .005 to top it off. Well it was a mad dash to get to the track before test and tune closed the lanes Chuck just finished the car and wanted to do two test runs to see if the car will go straight with no control problems with the IRS suspension before the 22nd Nor-Cal meet. We got there pulled it out of the box went through tech put right in the lane I got strapped in waited for the go signal from the starter

First run car left like a rocket pulled the wheels sat it down hit 2nd and it made a hard move toward the center line I shut her down that was wild to say the least. Chuck made some adjustments to the suspension Dan down loaded the run graph made a tune adjustment it was real cold temps we got it cooled down got the IC like frozen ice we where ready again on a mission

Final run I wanted to make it good I left on the tree we used full converter stall on the trans brake it left real hard with a 1.481 60ft there was no tire spin or shake it went straight down the groove I shifted it early it was moving so quick and fast I know it would be good it went through the eye's a 9.989et at 135.030mph the new quickest and fastest SC record in the 9's. The hard work of my high tech guys payed off to get an IRS,AOD,M-90, 3.8v6 into the 9's awesome job by great guy's

After the 9 second run the NHRA tech officials come over looked the car over we now have a few issues to correct some big most SFI requirements need to be in place well get it done for Dec 22nd its nice to have a car that works for you not like before with top end darting shaking tire spin Chuck and Dan hat's off to two masters at what they do best

Time slip posted in Track Race results forum we are ready to thunder the 22nd after these issues are put in place there is no stopping us

GONE14S
12-09-2007, 11:27 AM
I just wish you folk's would just give him a break...........geesh!

Chuck (one of the gent's) that has done a lot of work work on the IRS got ant's in his pant's to do a quick check of his set up and asked Jim to take the car to the track and see what would happen. Chuck has alot of customers watching the work being done with this SC. Chuck has alot riding on this set up to prove it works. Dan did some retuning to help it run smoother and fast.

Jim is still holding to the 22nd date for the track and there will be video and pic's......I'll make sure of it. There will be other SCCOA members there also.

So Jimis is excitied about his run last night.....would'nt you be?
Let's give him the benifit of a dought and see what happens the 22nd.
Just relax.............
It seem's to me the the BS start's with a few members of the SCCOA. It's all good though, crow will be served after the 22nd.

BTW: his time slip is real!

Kurt

David Neibert
12-09-2007, 12:40 PM
Congrats Jim...and thanks for getting far enough out of my reach that I won't be tempted to try and catch you.

David

Jim Demmitt Jr
12-09-2007, 01:23 PM
David and Kurt thanks!

What we are after is to get it consistaint running 9's as the New Years Day race coming up at Sac to hope to win it. Chuck is a master at figuring out how to get this car to run the numbers safe Dan and his tunning skills and computer setup and my driving we built a good combo and team. I know running 9's cost more money due to NHRA SFI rules but glad me made it through the 9 second window right side up :-) I just about rolled it over in 2nd grear on the first run its whole differaint car being lighter like day and night man it pulls hard the top end charge is perfect

GONE14S
12-09-2007, 05:42 PM
Just keep me up dated Jim when your going out.
Maybe we can get a few of the N/Cal groupe to come out to play......Hooters gets old.

Kurt

Jim Demmitt Jr
12-10-2007, 03:47 AM
Just keep me up dated Jim when your going out.
Maybe we can get a few of the N/Cal groupe to come out to play......Hooters gets old.

Kurt

Love them Hooters hot wings :-)

I will keep you up dated I know its not like the old days when we where racing up a storm with the group maybe the show and shine guy's may get interested once they smell race fuel burning rubber the thundering race engines

Jim Demmitt Jr
12-13-2007, 11:39 PM
Work under way

Chuck is finishing the cage and window net install fire bottle mount and next is the IRS axle retention loop's NHRA gave us the ok to run the IRS. But we still have issues that Bob is trying to resolve with Division 7 we are moving forward next step get out of the 9.90's into lower 9's. Our west coast challenger GN Turbo machine soon we will go head to head and take him down Ford Style :-)

Word is getting around of the 9 second SC tbird maybe we can get a good sponsor quicker than we think. I am glad to give California the first 9 second SC record makes us work harder

Ron Randall
12-14-2007, 02:36 AM
You did good. I knew my transmission would hold up.LOL But everything thing else that you did sure worked out perfect. Don't make it too much faster it will make it harder for me to try to keep up.

mannysc
12-14-2007, 12:42 PM
hot Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Jim Demmitt Jr
12-14-2007, 02:10 PM
You did good. I knew my transmission would hold up.LOL But everything thing else that you did sure worked out perfect. Don't make it too much faster it will make it harder for me to try to keep up.

Ron

That racing trans you built held up perfect comming out at 4500rpm's with trans brake 9.989et at 135mph and thats shifting it early. I appreciate the effort and time you put in building one solid trans

Ira R.
12-14-2007, 03:54 PM
Ron

That racing trans you built held up perfect comming out at 4500rpm's with trans brake 9.989et at 135mph and thats shifting it early. I appreciate the effort and time you put in building one solid trans

So, Ron, exactly what did you build that held up to this??

Ira

al35thsc
12-14-2007, 04:25 PM

Ira

A transmission, Ira. C'mon, it said right in the post!

Now I'm just wondering who is going to build the C4 for him.

Ddubb
12-14-2007, 05:43 PM

Ira

My guess .. AOD with 4r70w Internals. :D

- Dan

GONE14S
12-14-2007, 06:10 PM
Ron rebuilt the tran's in my XR7..........it was prefect.........you the man RON!

I keep telling you guys to run yous tran. over to him. Modesto is not that far out of the way for N/Cal members.

Kurt

Jim Demmitt Jr
12-14-2007, 10:21 PM
Ron is a Pro!

His racing trans building is the best his AOD got the number one spot at 10.65et than it got the first 9 second historic SC run 9.989et at 135mph quicket ET and fastest speed ever. The trans held up just fine at 4500rpm out of the gate 6000rpm shifts awesome work Ron

Ddubb
12-15-2007, 07:32 AM
Ron build differentials also ??

- Dan

Jim Demmitt Jr
12-15-2007, 02:03 PM
Ron build differentials also ??

- Dan

Dan

I am not sure of that mine was built by Wayne Torkelson Jr. out of Concord Calif the 2006 Super Chevy Nitro Coupe Champion. You might want to call Ron and find out here is the info below

Ron Randall
Iterstate Transmissions
1311 Mitchell Rd
Modesto Calif, 95351

( 209 )538-2831
( E-Mail ) interstatetrans@aol.com

dwayne
08-14-2008, 08:59 AM
SHOOT OUT HISTORY

It all started with some cross country internet banter between SCCOA members on their quest for an 11 second timeslip.The west coast won that one with a 11.911@ 112.665 out of JIM DEMMITT,S SILVER BULLET,back in APRIL 2003.

al35thsc
08-14-2008, 10:27 AM
SHOOT OUT HISTORY

It all started with some cross country internet banter between SCCOA members on their quest for an 11 second timeslip.The west coast won that one with a 11.911@ 112.665 out of JIM DEMMITT,S SILVER BULLET,back in APRIL 2003.

It was done before that.

mannysc
08-14-2008, 04:29 PM
who cares? who was first to go 14's 13's 12's 11's 10's we are talking nines!!!!! he rest are just names like who was the first guy to bang paris hilton question is whos first nline tonight.

jim was not first to go 11s but close .

in a few yrs ill say who cares 9's we are talking 7's here!!!

90MN12
08-14-2008, 04:39 PM
who Cares? Who Was First To Go 14's 13's 12's 11's 10's We Are Talking Nines!!!!! He Rest Are Just Names Like Who Was The First Guy To Bang Paris Hilton Question Is Whos First Nline Tonight.

Jim Was Not First To Go 11s But Close .

In A Few Yrs Ill Say Who Cares 9's We Are Talking 7's Here!!!

Your Right To A Certain Extent. But The Comments That Dwayne Makes Are Sometimes Inaccurate. And Just As He Corrects People When He Knows He's Right And Someone Else Is Wrong, Someone Is Correcting Him When He Is Wrong.
And I Hope I See The Day A V6 Supercoupe Makes It To 7's.

ironworker
08-14-2008, 06:54 PM
ill be the first one to get 10 mins in the 1/4 mile .. ill be pushing it down the track lol still waitting on parts

dwayne
08-14-2008, 11:33 PM
This is off the shootout web site , it started with the heated battle between St. Louis Chris wise and West Coast Jim Demmitt.Who would get to the 11s first? Jim did, PLUS went to number 2. We know Coy was first, but this is the battle that started the S.C. Shootout.We ARE talking about THE SILVER BULLET 11 Second Challenge, it is what got things going.

P.S. I have alot of free time so I go back and search the forums, MANNY you da man!

90MN12
08-14-2008, 11:49 PM
[QUOTE=dwayne;761103]This is off the shootout web site , it started with the heated battle between St. Louis Chris wise and West Coast Jim Demmitt.Who would get to the 11s first?

i guess what your saying is, either, from those two that's all that mattered out of anyone trying to get to the lowest et possible, Or no one else ever dared to do so.

me, i am sure many others wanted to and were trying to. but you try to make it sound like jim was the first to hit 11's period. he may or may not have been the first to hit hi 9's, but lets see who will get where he says he has been or surpasses that et.

and yeah, manny is the man.

dwayne
08-15-2008, 01:57 AM
If you had the info about the BULLET that i have,you would understand,soon all will know.

David Neibert
08-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Your Right To A Certain Extent. But The Comments That Dwayne Makes Are Sometimes Inaccurate. And Just As He Corrects People When He Knows He's Right And Someone Else Is Wrong, Someone Is Correcting Him When He Is Wrong.
And I Hope I See The Day A V6 Supercoupe Makes It To 7's.

I'm still waiting to see one go 9s.

David

90MN12
08-15-2008, 01:53 PM
if You Had The Info About The Bullet That I Have,you Would Understand,soon All Will Know.

Sounds Like Some Evil Villian From A Comic Book Or Something. There Has Been Alot Of Talk Of This, High 9 Rum. But Talk Is Talk And If The Walk Want To Be Seen And Known Then It Will. If Not, Keep Talking Cause That's All It Is.

Melon
08-15-2008, 05:02 PM
If you had the info about the BULLET that i have,you would understand,soon all will know.

That he runs on the bottle?

-Melon

Kevin Leitem
08-15-2008, 05:20 PM
I'm still waiting to see one go 9s.

David

if all goes well everyone will see one, hopefully by the shootout

Ira R.
08-15-2008, 06:03 PM

Now how cool would that be!!! :D

Ira

90MN12
08-15-2008, 06:19 PM

mannysc
08-15-2008, 07:29 PM
cool the second 9 second SC at the shoot out that would be cool .
like being second man to climb mount everest.

now Jim's new engine and a 4 link should way out perform his old setup.

id lie to see Jim tub the SC and run some real rubber back there. if ya ever seen 9 second cars on 10.5 rubber its a pain in the arse to get launched and with a IRS its a miracle .

Kevin Leitem
08-15-2008, 08:36 PM
sorry, i don't believe in bigfoot nor the lock ness either

dwayne
08-15-2008, 09:09 PM
Jim has plans of going to a Chris Alston Chassisworks SuperStock style suspension set up,the IRS becoming uncontrollable past HalfTrack.the reason he set out to run the first 9 Second with IRS is because it,s what makes the SC an SC.Going to a solid axle,what do you have?It.s not SC no more.It,s easy to take a race car and run 9's.
But with a real IRS SC suspension getting it done is like JIM said,He made SC history,First to do so.

David Neibert
08-15-2008, 11:37 PM
Jim has plans of going to a Chris Alston Chassisworks SuperStock style suspension set up,the IRS becoming uncontrollable past HalfTrack.the reason he set out to run the first 9 Second with IRS is because it,s what makes the SC an SC.Going to a solid axle,what do you have?It.s not SC no more.It,s easy to take a race car and run 9's.
But with a real IRS SC suspension getting it done is like JIM said,He made SC history,First to do so.

Just in case you didn't know.... it's against the rules to impersonate another member....even if they give you permission.

David

David Neibert
08-15-2008, 11:48 PM

Kevin,

I'm really looking forward to seeing that and I hope to be one of the first people to congratulate you.

David

Kevin Leitem
08-16-2008, 12:14 AM
Kevin,

I'm really looking forward to seeing that and I hope to be one of the first people to congratulate you.

David

thanks David

dwayne
08-16-2008, 12:52 AM
[QUOTE=David Neibert;761374]Just in case you didn't know.... it's against the rules to impersonate another member....even if they give you permission.

David[/QUOTE

David Neibert
08-16-2008, 01:19 AM
DAVID

Im not trying to impersonate anyone,I have the history on the BULLET,and know of his future plans,I also know what he wants on the boards and not.
It is called FRIENDSHIP & TRUST in a person.I would do the same for you or anyone else.Why is it that we get attacted or acused of something because
we have a partnership and friendship and trust that seems to bother other people??

can you explaine this.

It's just that your writing style had suddenly changed to be exactly the same as Jims. You also seem to be extremly well informed as to the history of all things Jim, like the ram air you mentioned Jim was using at the Vegas meet in 2001 and how others copied him the following year. I can site several other examples, but why bother.

The explanation for why many people give you and Jim (or you and Dwayne) a hard time ?....Simple, they don't believe either of you are telling the truth. If Kevin runs 9s at the Shootout...I'll consider him the #1 quickest fastest SC in the club.

David

decipha
08-16-2008, 01:32 AM
i hate to throw fuel on the fire but I have to agree with david. If you are indeed running 9s why in the hell wouldn't you want to make a vid of it? I'd be happy to run a 13 and I damn sure would have a video of it, if not to prove to others but for my own satisfaction.

dwayne
08-16-2008, 01:39 AM

id lie to see Jim tub the SC and run some real rubber back there. if ya ever seen 9 second cars on 10.5 rubber its a pain in the arse to get launched and with a IRS its a miracle .

MANNY WELL SAID
No matter who gets close to the 9's Jim will always be the FIRST SC INTO THE 9'S,History makeing run,he who follows is only following in his footsteps as he did it before anyone else.

dwayne
08-16-2008, 02:00 AM
It dont matter how much it hurts you,The fact is Jim is the quickest & fasest
SC,and no matter how much you both wonder over it, It remains the same first to the 9's-JIM did it.end of post tag guys.

90MN12
08-16-2008, 02:12 AM
manny Well Said
No Matter Who Gets Close To The 9's Jim Will Always Be The First Sc Into The 9's,history Makeing Run,he Who Follows Is Only Following In His Footsteps As He Did It Before Anyone Else.

So No Matter Who Got Close To The 11's First, Coy Will Always Be The First. Jim Has Been Following In Coy's Footsteps Huh Dwayne.

90MN12
08-16-2008, 02:13 AM
manny Well Said
No Matter Who Gets Close To The 9's Jim Will Always Be The First Sc Into The 9's,history Makeing Run,he Who Follows Is Only Following In His Footsteps As He Did It Before Anyone Else.

So No Matter Who Got Close To The 11's First, Coy Will Always Be The First. Jim Has Been Following In Coy's Footsteps Huh Dwayne.

David Neibert
08-16-2008, 08:56 AM
i hate to throw fuel on the fire but I have to agree with david. If you are indeed running 9s why in the hell wouldn't you want to make a vid of it? I'd be happy to run a 13 and I damn sure would have a video of it, if not to prove to others but for my own satisfaction.

Jim said he has videos, photos and even dyno charts (688 rwhp)...just not showing them because some people were negative. Dwayne posted that he has seen the videos, and he also posted that he just so happened to be in CA with his truck and stopped by the track to watch some drag racing while he was in the neighborhood and by the greatest stroke of luck ever, he managed to get a video of Jim's car making a pass down the track...then later he figured out that it was Jim, and now they are best buds. :rolleyes:

No pictures of mods, no videos, no photos from track photographers, no contact info for shop doing all the work, no show to every gathering and event or track apearance announced, no discussion of the car's vastly improved performance on (Nor Cal 1320) and the most telling of all....no one even remotely connected to SCCoA has even seen the car in over 3 years (except Dwayne). Don't even get me started about his imaginary GF Cindy.

You decide.....I'm calling BS on the whole story.

David

Ira R.
08-16-2008, 09:29 AM
Jim said he has videos, photos and even dyno charts (688 rwhp)...just not showing them because some people were negative. Dwayne posted that he has seen the videos, and he also posted that he just so happened to be in CA with his truck and stopped by the track to watch some drag racing while he was in the neighborhood and by the greatest stroke of luck ever, he managed to get a video of Jim's car making a pass down the track...then later he figured out that it was Jim, and now they are best buds. :rolleyes:

No pictures of mods, no videos, no photos from track photographers, no contact info for shop doing all the work, no show to every gathering and event or track apearance announced, no discussion of the car's vastly improved performance on (Nor Cal 1320) and the most telling of all....no one even remotely connected to SCCoA has even seen the car in over 3 years (except Dwayne). Don't even get me started about his imaginary GF Cindy.

You decide.....I'm calling BS on the whole story.

David

You know what, screw it. Who cares anymore. I want to see David and Kevin and Siska light it up at the Shoot Out this year. That's real. That's something I can see and something I can hear. Anything else is just not worth arguing over anymore.

You guys can do whatever it is you want and say whatever it is you want to say. Nobody cares anymore. Post all you want. A one person discussion isn't, and if more people ignored these bragadocious(sp?) posts they would either stop or the thread would just die a natural death.

I'm moving on and suggest you all do too. If anyone here wants us to pay attention to something good we all know what it takes to make us believers. Otherwise just stop wasting my, our, time.

Ira

superdadsc
08-16-2008, 11:16 AM
I couldn't agree more. I have posted in the past, suck into theses dillusional fantasy's and that's my bad. I can't wait to see vid's of David's and Kevin's car at the shootout. Two class acts leaving it on the line, doing what they do best and having a good time in the process.

Best of luck guy's, wish I could be there, maybe next year with my compound setup.

Stephen

mannysc
08-16-2008, 05:49 PM
Im calling bs on the top 5 fastest sc's they are all hondas lol who cares dop it it dies keep posting it just gets bigger Jim good luck i beleive in you as for the rest good luck id like to see a whole mess of sc's doing nines

dwayne
08-17-2008, 03:13 AM
We Need Better Sportmanship

I get back and notice all this bickering.I see that is bad sportmanship.We ran 9.989et, it was vertified by NHRA track tech offical with date, time and location .We were the first to run 9s, if anyone can beat my new best time of 9.747et then I will congratulate them.I will say no more on this matter, I am setting up a web page with videos and detail pictures.

CHECK-http://www.norcal1320.com (Tech and Racing forms for new updates)

SCreamin
08-17-2008, 11:34 PM

I get back and notice all this bickering.I see that is bad sportmanship.We ran 9.989et, it was vertified by NHRA track tech offical with date, time and location .We were the first to run 9s, if anyone can beat my new best time of 9.747et then I will congratulate them.I will say no more on this matter, I am setting up a web page with videos and detail pictures.

Wait, now Dwayne has a 9 second SC also? Or is Dwayne really Jim and here is the proof? man i have missed far too much around here.

dwayne
08-18-2008, 12:22 AM
Jim and I are Siameses twins , the cord that connects us goes from Virginia to California.Be CAREFUL the next time you are out walking or driving as you may step on the cord.

GONE14S
08-18-2008, 06:49 PM
Jim and I are Siameses twins , the cord that connects us goes from Virginia to California.Be CAREFUL the next time you are out walking or driving as you may step on the cord.

You keep slipping up Jim..............

Kurt

GONE14S
08-18-2008, 06:50 PM

Point in case............

Kurt

Jim Demmitt Jr
08-18-2008, 07:38 PM

Manny

Your 100% right who ever gets close to 9's will be the second SC to do so fact is its not as easy as one thinks. As a good Sportsman I do wish who ever does get close to it the best of luck. The quicker you go the more power it takes going from high 10's to high 9's is a big step in performance and its like climbing Mount Everest

Jim Demmitt Jr
08-18-2008, 07:40 PM

Thanks Dwayne
I appreciate you posting my e-mail sent to you its nice to be back

Nor-Cal 1320 http://www.norcal1320.com/

Jim Demmitt Jr
08-20-2008, 09:57 PM
Nor-Cal 1320

We are having IRS issues and some IRS suspension experts are helping me and others out at this point. This info may help some of you out if you get to this performance level

Here is Cummins reply on IRS rebound

(Tech forum) http://www.norcal1320.com

Custom built shocks. Can have any of the manufacturers build them for you. But ya for IRS cars you want the rear to stay squatted for the entire run and only way to do this is to get an adjustable rear shock with compression and minimal rebound (adjustable for compression only). Also, having a front adjustable limiting strap works well too. That way you can adjust how much travel you get for weight transfer and also rear tire planting pressure. You don't want too much squat from IRS because of the negative camber it creates. But you do want enough to where you get a good contact patch with the weight transfer. Take lots of video. Of course this also depends on tire pressure as well. Once you get that point then you can adjust the front travel. The front travel serves not only to adjust weight transfer, but it helps to either plant or not to plant the rear tires that's why its good to have adjustable limiting straps. If the front's too tight you may have good traction on launch but the car could unload on the big end. If its too loose your car wastes energy going upward instead of forward and the front end feels a lil loose up top as well (unless you have great aero that keeps the front end down).

When you do alignments have the car aligned with the rear end strapped down and squatted. Try to get your camber and toe all zero'd out at this position. If its not possible to do the alignment with the rear end squatted then just add a degree of positive camber and a very slight bit of toe out when you do the alignment.

The rear of my car is already set to squat at a certain point and I leave it at that. I get the most contact patch this way and good enough weight transfer to where I can just play with tire pressure or front limiting straps. My driver side rear shock is set a little stiffer than the passenger rear due to my body weight. Here's how I adjust the suspension at the track, they are just starting points of what I adjust when I first encounter traction problems and keep in mind that my rear suspension is set and I leave it as is.

- If its not hooking from beginning to end I lower tire pressure
- If its not hooking on launch but hooking down track I tighten up front limiting straps
- If its hooking on launch and not down track then I loosen front limiting straps
- If its hooking all the way then I just turn up boost

racecougar
08-20-2008, 11:02 PM
Take lots of video.

Sounds like good advice. ;)

Jim Demmitt Jr
08-21-2008, 08:07 PM
Nor-Cal 1320

We are having IRS issues and some IRS suspension experts are helping me and others out at this point. This info may help some of you out if you get to this performance level

Here is Cummins reply on IRS rebound

(Tech forum) http://www.norcal1320.com

Custom built shocks. Can have any of the manufacturers build them for you. But ya for IRS cars you want the rear to stay squatted for the entire run and only way to do this is to get an adjustable rear shock with compression and minimal rebound (adjustable for compression only). Also, having a front adjustable limiting strap works well too. That way you can adjust how much travel you get for weight transfer and also rear tire planting pressure. You don't want too much squat from IRS because of the negative camber it creates. But you do want enough to where you get a good contact patch with the weight transfer. Take lots of video. Of course this also depends on tire pressure as well. Once you get that point then you can adjust the front travel. The front travel serves not only to adjust weight transfer, but it helps to either plant or not to plant the rear tires that's why its good to have adjustable limiting straps. If the front's too tight you may have good traction on launch but the car could unload on the big end. If its too loose your car wastes energy going upward instead of forward and the front end feels a lil loose up top as well (unless you have great aero that keeps the front end down).

When you do alignments have the car aligned with the rear end strapped down and squatted. Try to get your camber and toe all zero'd out at this position. If its not possible to do the alignment with the rear end squatted then just add a degree of positive camber and a very slight bit of toe out when you do the alignment.

The rear of my car is already set to squat at a certain point and I leave it at that. I get the most contact patch this way and good enough weight transfer to where I can just play with tire pressure or front limiting straps. My driver side rear shock is set a little stiffer than the passenger rear due to my body weight. Here's how I adjust the suspension at the track, they are just starting points of what I adjust when I first encounter traction problems and keep in mind that my rear suspension is set and I leave it as is.

- If its not hooking from beginning to end I lower tire pressure
- If its not hooking on launch but hooking down track I tighten up front limiting straps
- If its hooking on launch and not down track then I loosen front limiting straps
- If its hooking all the way then I just turn up boost

Our next step I am posting this from Nor-Cal 1320 we are getting help this our next area to setup below

When you do alignments have the car aligned with the rear end strapped
down and squatted. Try to get your camber and toe all zero'd out at this position. If its not possible to do the alignment with the rear end squatted then just add a degree of positive camber and a very slight bit of toe out when you do the alignment

I hope others look into this its big issue when going 10 flat and 9's and speeds near 140mph IRS is a handful to figure out as I stated in the Jackson Bros thread my setup http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101344 and Cummins here to give others ideas when they get to this point

David Neibert
08-22-2008, 12:44 AM
Jim,

To save you the trouble of copying and pasting everything those guys say...I'll just post a link to the thread.

http://www.norcal1320.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20045

David

19TbirdSC91
08-22-2008, 05:08 AM
I try to stay out of this as much as possible, but I too am very very skeptical about all of the "silver bullet" claims. I think that hell would have to freeze over before any true evidence of this car moving down the track ever surfaces. I'm not trying to start anything with the jim and dwayne clan thing, so don't even waste your time trying. All I DO know is what i have seen at the shootouts and spring meets, and I'm more impressed with things I can see. I've been to lazzo's house and seen and helped work on his sweet asss car, I've seen neibert go down the track and dan sly and all the other bad ~~~ cars, I want to see yours now, and maybe even try to get my car up there with the best of them someday. Will you please just admit that you can see where everyone would be skeptical? I think you would be too if you were on the other side of the spectrum.

Sean McConaha

Jim Demmitt Jr
08-22-2008, 09:13 PM
Nor-Cal 1320 Tech Help

I like to thank Cummins of Nor-cal 1320 for his in depth IRS Suspension help we are getting ideas on our IRS problems. I see a lot of negitive posts here thats bad sportsmanship most are out to make trouble sorry to the one's that understand and support our effort. I hope you look into this Tech Forum and get ideas that may help you down the road when you near the performance level we are at. Once we get it figured out she will run some "Big Numbers" we improved our 60ft and 1/8 mile et and speed but with that we enterd a differaint area that the IRS wont handel

Tech Link

David Neibert
08-23-2008, 11:18 AM
Instead of repeating yourself over and over (I posted the same link on the previous page :rolleyes:)...how about some new stuff like posting some pictures of the mods you've done. A picture of that Lencodrive 2 speed installed in the car, would be a good start.

David

19TbirdSC91
08-23-2008, 01:54 PM
Instead of repeating yourself over and over (I posted the same link on the previous page :rolleyes:)...how about some new stuff like posting some pictures of the mods you've done. A picture of that Lencodrive 2 speed installed in the car, would be a good start.

David

i found it funny that even the guys on that forum were asking for pics and vids too, lol.

Sean

Jim Demmitt Jr
08-23-2008, 02:18 PM
Thread moved ahaed

To the one's that appreciate what we are doing and support it sorry again for the rude negitive posts. This is why Nor-cal 1320 is the number 1 west coast drag race club you dont see this BS there

Nor-Cal 1320 Tech Help

I like to thank Cummins of Nor-cal 1320 for his in depth IRS Suspension help we are getting ideas on our IRS problems. I see a lot of negitive posts here thats bad sportsmanship most are out to make trouble sorry to the one's that understand and support our effort. I hope you look into this Tech Forum and get ideas that may help you down the road when you near the performance level we are at. Once we get it figured out she will run some "Big Numbers" we improved our 60ft and 1/8 mile et and speed but with that we enterd a differaint area that the IRS wont handel

Tech Link

David Neibert
08-23-2008, 02:36 PM
Thread moved ahaed

To the one's that appreciate what we are doing and support it sorry again for the rude negitive posts. This is why Nor-cal 1320 is the number 1 west coast drag race club you dont see this BS there

Jim,

I'm not being rude...just looking for something (anything) to show that this car is the real deal. Why do you refuse to post anything ? BTW, my guy said he will be at SAC on the 29th to get some video of you pulling those 1.3 60ft times. I'm really looking forward to finally getting to see the Silver Bullet in action. Good luck getting the IRS sorted out.

David

Miller
08-23-2008, 04:41 PM
I got $5 that says he dosent get a vid of jim that night. or any night

Melon
08-23-2008, 05:06 PM
We'll all see this Rocky Mountain Silver Bullet in action before the NoCal Silver Bullet :rolleyes:

http://1to10reviews.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/big_coors_lightcan.jpg

-Melon

Jim Demmitt Jr
08-23-2008, 05:06 PM
I got $5 that says he dosent get a vid of jim that night. or any night

Now you know why

No video no pictures just verified time slips by NHRA offical its an going thing over and over with you guys. Point here guys we are serious drag racers Bob and Dan and Chuck have put many hours into this deal not just me. I am not the only person keeping this from being posted they have good racers that buy there stuff meaning as long as this BS you guy put out stays here in this club that great we dont need this in the real world of drag racing get my point? keep it up you may never see anything as my teams request

We have serious issues with the IRS I dont think any of you can understand this at all. You think I want to get killed in this thing? strap yourself in this car and let me tell you that you have a whole differaint outlook on life. I am not out to please you or anyone els at this point my main focus is not crashing the car we spent more money than one could ever understand. And they ask me why do I bother being in this club I have no answer to that just the attachement to the Silver Bullet is a part of me the sad part is the ones that care and understand and support us suffer due to this kind of response think about it guys

racecougar
08-23-2008, 05:57 PM
No video no pictures just verified time slips by NHRA offical its an going thing over and over with you guys. Point here guys we are serious drag racers Bob and Dan and Chuck have put many hours into this deal not just me. I am not the only person keeping this from being posted they have good racers that buy there stuff meaning as long as this BS you guy put out stays here in this club that great we dont need this in the real world of drag racing get my point? keep it up you may never see anything as my teams request

I think I can safely speak for the "naysayers" here that a video of your car running a 9 second E.T. would immediately halt any "negative" responses. Get my point?

we spent more money than one could ever understand.

I think some of us here could and would understand. :rolleyes: We're just not too sure that said money has actually BEEN spent, as no one has even seen pictures of most of the parts which have supposedly been added to the car. No need to post a picture of the new chromoly cage since it looks just like the old one, right? :rolleyes:

And they ask me why do I bother being in this club

That is the million dollar question.

Tell you what. If posting a video is too impossible, actually show up at a track to run the car when you say you're going to and a video will make it's way up on the boards. You won't have to do anything but show up and run. Or even better, appear at the Shootout for once and school us all. No sandstorm b.s. this year.

Miller
08-23-2008, 06:00 PM
I think you should teach us a lesson and never post here again. THAD REALLY PUNISH EVERYBODY HERE. WE JUST DONT APPRECIATE YOU LIKE WE SHOULD.

Jim Demmitt Jr
08-23-2008, 06:11 PM
Moved forward again around the BS some dont get my point

We have serious issues with the IRS I dont think any of you can understand this at all. You think I want to get killed in this thing? strap yourself in this car and let me tell you that you have a whole differaint outlook on life. I am not out to please you or anyone els at this point my main focus is not crashing the car we spent more money than one could ever understand. And they ask me why do I bother being in this club I have no answer to that just the attachement to the Silver Bullet is a part of me the sad part is the ones that care and understand and support us suffer due to this kind of response think about it guys[/QUOTE]

Jim Demmitt Jr
08-23-2008, 06:26 PM
Final (Note) 8/23/08

From Team leader of SBR no further post will be made by me on this thread a few members here are out for nothing more that trouble. I hate to see a record run a big part SC history being tarnished by these few people. Guys in the real world its all about making money testing selling parts again this sorta BS we dont need in the real racing world where our lifes are centerd at. For up to date info go to Nor-cal 1320 on our quest to make the SCtbirds the best http://www.norcal1320.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20045

For the supporters of team SBR you can e-mail me at j.demmitt@att.net or PM me thank you

racecougar
08-23-2008, 06:27 PM

If you don't want anyone to reply to what you typed, then why do you keep reposting it? :confused:

Jim Demmitt Jr
08-23-2008, 06:31 PM
Final (Note) 8/23/08

From Team leader of SBR no further post will be made by me on this thread a few members here are out for nothing more that trouble. I hate to see a record run a big part SC history being tarnished by these few people. Guys in the real world its all about making money testing selling parts again this sorta BS we dont need in the real racing world where our lifes are centerd at. For up to date info go to Nor-cal 1320 on our quest to make the SCtbirds the best http://www.norcal1320.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20045

For the supporters of team SBR you can e-mail me at j.demmitt@att.net or PM me thank you

Miller
08-23-2008, 06:32 PM
you said that already jimpappy

19TbirdSC91
08-23-2008, 08:57 PM
Nothing I said was being rude for the record, I was just making a point. It's actually sad that you have decided to not be a part of the SCCOA because your being stubborn about just taking a simple picture or video of this amazing machine. Part of me even wants to believe that everything you say is real, its just hard when there's little to no proof. Its similar to those people who don't believe in god because he can't been seen or touched, correct?

Sean

Kevin Leitem
08-24-2008, 12:14 AM
Jim, sorry but if you don't want to help us slow guys and refuse to post pics or video, then please stop wasting our time and quit posting on this site. We all know that if there was video proof then we would all bow to you.

my theory is that you are working on trying to build a 9 second car, but you so desperately want to be first at something ( since you missed the 11 and 10 second firsts) that you claimed a 9 second pass and when you finally get the car done and actually have a chance at it, I or someone else will have already done it. and you will missed this chance also. I also feel that if you do run a 9 second pass next year that you then will finaly post a video of it and say that was from last year told you so. Sorry Jim, this is how i feel, and you know how to solve this debate that has been going on for way too long.

Jim, i know how proud you are of you Father, and you should be, from what i gather he was a great guy. But is this really the right way for his legacy to live on?

Jim Demmitt Jr
08-24-2008, 12:22 AM
Time 3:32pm date 8/23/08

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final (Note) 8/23/08

(Note) the 9 second run was verified by NHRA track Official with time date and location hard to get around facts need I say more? get over it live with it

David Neibert
08-24-2008, 01:39 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final (Note) 8/23/08

(Note) the 9 second run was verified by NHRA track Official with time date and location hard to get around facts need I say more? get over it live with it

:rolleyes:

TDR calls BS.

David

David Neibert
08-24-2008, 01:45 AM

We have serious issues with the IRS I dont think any of you can understand this at all. You think I want to get killed in this thing? strap yourself in this car and let me tell you that you have a whole differaint outlook on life. I am not out to please you or anyone els at this point my main focus is not crashing the car we spent more money than one could ever understand. And they ask me why do I bother being in this club I have no answer to that just the attachement to the Silver Bullet is a part of me the sad part is the ones that care and understand and support us suffer due to this kind of response think about it guys[/QUOTE]

The 9 second Silver Bullet story is a hoax....prove me wrong.

David

Jim Demmitt Jr
08-24-2008, 01:48 AM

Final (Note) 8/23/08

dwayne
08-24-2008, 02:36 AM
Jim,
I showed my brother "the video" that you sent me today, he said that car IS NOT a bullet it is a ROCKET. Is this video mine to keep or make a copy and send the original back to you? Remember I told you that my brother races my car for me and he said he has never seen anything like the Bullet.

Miller
08-24-2008, 02:49 AM
same brother that wrecked the one? great racer.

dwayne
08-24-2008, 02:56 AM
Different brother- one drinks

David Neibert
08-24-2008, 10:47 AM
Jim,
I showed my brother "the video" that you sent me today, he said that car IS NOT a bullet it is a ROCKET. Is this video mine to keep or make a copy and send the original back to you? Remember I told you that my brother races my car for me and he said he has never seen anything like the Bullet.

If you really have it, forward a copy to Kurt or to Manny....neither of those guys have been negative.

David