Mustang Rotors for t-bird

PSYANIDE

Hi guys, as we all know, finding the rims we want for our cars isn't very easy with the pattern we have (5 x 4.25) so the only way to get some nice mustang wheels on them is to swap out the rotors. my question is, is there a direct swap that can be made with no modifications (without swapping calipers, just rotors)? and if so, from what year mustang.

my goal is to have a 5 x 4.5 pattern. thanks in advance :D

Rotor swapping is going to get you no where. You have to change HUBS to switch to a 5 X 4.5" pattern. Of course when you do then you also have to switch rotors.

As far a direct swap...depends on what you call a direct swap now doesn't it? What year spindles do you have mounted on the front of your car? If you have 93 and up spindles you can switch to a 99-00 Mustang GT Rotor and caliper for the fronts and it is a direct bolt-on. (assuming you swap the hubs or re-drill the rotors. And you have 17" wheels to clear the 13" brake rotor and calipers although some say you can clear bigger brakes without the 17" wheel) Also if you choose to then not do the rear recognize you have shifted the brake bias forward a lot and your rear brakes may be suseptible to lovck-up quicker.

If you do a search on the board there are mant threads about brake swaps for you to look through. You can buy kits from www.discbrakesrus.com too.

Point being if you have all the right parts many swaps could be considered a bolt-on. You just may need more parts than other for some swaps.

The easiest way I can think of to do the swap is add Mustang GT hubs and rotors with the stock calipers in front, then add Cobra hubs in back and redrill the stock rotors for the Mustang bolt pattern. Not the best way, but it is the easiest way.

ok hubs is what i meant... not rotors lol thanks for the replies. I have checked thru the forums and i've found some great info but its a little confusing for me right now (not in the best mental state)

ive found a few pages about the subject... but im unclear on a few things. what year mustang has the hubs i need for the front and what year cobra has the hubs for the back?

thanks again for the replies!

94-04 front
99-04 back

You only want 99 cobra rear hubs, They are the onlyones that had the same spline count on the rear alxes as the SC. The later cobras went to more splines.

You can do a front hub and rear hub and bearing. then have a machine shop redrill the front rear rotors. That might be the cheapest solution without upgrading brakes.

You only want 99 cobra rear hubs, They are the onlyones that had the same spline count on the rear alxes as the SC. The later cobras went to more splines.

WRONG, 99-04 cobra hubs all have a 28 spline, the carrier side of the axle is 31 spline.

Hi guys, as we all know, finding the rims we want for our cars isn't very easy with the pattern we have (5 x 4.25) so the only way to get some nice mustang wheels on them is to swap out the rotors. my question is, is there a direct swap that can be made with no modifications (without swapping calipers, just rotors)? and if so, from what year mustang.

my goal is to have a 5 x 4.5 pattern. thanks in advance :D

Hi All
Look into Volvo rims, they have the same boltpattern. I borrowed some for
my slicks once from Volvo 240. The 240 is RWD, I think later Volvo's also
have the same pattern, but they are FWD, so backspacing is a concern.
They do have some nice rims for these cars, maybe more here in Europe.

ok so luckily i found the hubs, i read a few times about changing the retaining bolt as well? what else will i need aside from the hubs and to machine the rotors to fit the hubs?

Hub & Rotor

Hello

With 93up spindles you need 99 Mustang Front Hubs & rotors. direct bolt on. No brake upgrade needed. I use them with 15" steel wheels(oval track car)
You might have to change your lug nuts.
HPIM0957.jpg

Paul

great... thanks for the help. i just ordered 99 cobra rears, 94 mustang fronts w/ ABS, ad nuts all around. having the rotors machined since thats about all i can afford right now. hope it all fits cuz i cant return the parts since they are special order :)

thanks again

for around the same price you can buy new front sn95 rotors instead of redrilling your old ones, no choice on the backs.

I have heard that you may have to move the ABS rings on the Mustang hubs a little so that they line up with the Thunderbird sensor pickups. It shouldn't be hard, just support them evenly so you don't crack the rings. Just something to look out for.

awesome, thanks for the info guys. i actually did order new rotors all around, mustangs for the front obviously and t-bird for the back. now i hope they dont rape me at the machine shop. thanks a lot for all the info!

Back