PDA

View Full Version : Ring off balancer for crank sensor

tydlwavs
12-13-2007, 02:17 AM
I need this for a 90. I doubt I'll get my 90 engine apart this month and the 95 engine will be ready for me soon. If someone has one of these in good condition it would save me some time and headache.

I don't need the balancer, just the ring. This will be put on my BHJ.

Thanks.
Todd

JDC
12-13-2007, 12:11 PM
Hi, I/ve go a 90 TB/SC w/AOD. My Bird wouldn't run and after a lot of searching and posting and help from fellow club members I finally arrived at the balancer and CPS. The balancer looks good except for the rubber insert which looks dry and cracked. The balancer moves a little forward and reverse. What is this ring and how do you replace it? How do you measure the distance between the CPS and the vein? Do you know how much the BHJ balancer or NOS harmonic balancer would be or were I might get one?Would this be enough to make the car not run? I'm a new owner of my TB and I'm learning as I go. I replaced the DIS. Haven't got any fire at the spark plug. Can't check the fuel pressure. I haven't located the Schrader valve to check the pressure,I hear the fuel pump turn on. Would really appreciate any help you can give! I'm a desperate TB owner. Thanks, JD

sunny627
12-13-2007, 12:15 PM
I need this for a 90. I doubt I'll get my 90 engine apart this month and the 95 engine will be ready for me soon. If someone has one of these in good condition it would save me some time and headache.

I don't need the balancer, just the ring. This will be put on my BHJ.

Thanks.
Todd
PM Sent thanks!

james5275
12-13-2007, 10:16 PM
I have a spare ring up in the attic, lemme make sure it's in good shape. Name your price, maybe trade for something small?
JJ
402 350 8866

tydlwavs
12-13-2007, 10:56 PM
I didn't get a PM. It has to be in new condition. I don't want something that was beat on.

I'm up for a small trade. I also need the retaining hardware.