Quick question, who has the fastest 5spd record.

Is it still Gary Kuhn? or did someone break that record?

Going record hunting:D Make sure you post videos and have sworn and nortrized slips, oh and 10 witnesses:rolleyes:

How the car running? got any new updates on it yet. My fancy blower justs sits as theres no rear bearings untill after the first of the year.

Ken

I took the plates off the car for the year. Last thing I did was replum the nitrous stuff, I ended up with a fuel leak at one of the fittings and gave up on it. Now we are getting hit with 10in of snow.
I was just curious about the title thing. But who knows, with 75HP shot and some alky and some drags I can come close.
The fiberglass hood is going in and that should drop some weight of the front of the car. Also the battery is junk so I might have to sping for a lite weight battery.

Oh, NO YOU DON'T RICO.......

I will be the fastest five speed car. Don't you even think aboot it.

I'm sure we can swap cars one day at a meet.

Hey, and it's not your fault if something breaks on my car.

Oh, NO YOU DON'T RICO.......

I will be the fastest five speed car. Don't you even think aboot it.

Oh no YOU dont Casey.....I WILL have the fastest five speed........................................................once, when I get done. I would be willing to bet a LOT of cash that if I race it an entire day that the tranny does not make it through.

Chris

Is it still Gary Kuhn? or did someone break that record?

I think it is still Gary, but I don't know how long that will last. Right now you have Dan and Anthony pushing close to the 11's and then another couple of cars closing in right behind them. At this rate there may be another 4 or 5 cars with 5 speeds in the 11's next season.

Of course, I don't know that they will be able to beat Gary's time......

Ira

Last edited:
Well, I appreciate the encouragment guys, but that's almost a full second faster than I have gone to date. And there are some pretty good cars and drivers a whole lot closer to him then me right now.

There are also a few things I have to fix first before I can even think about this, so let's just see what happens, huh?

Ira

Wow,

From the article in the Mustangs and Fast Fords December 2003 edition.

Before the magazine printed the results in the edition he was full second and 10 mph faster!

7/7/2003 = 12.77 at 108.20 with a 55 shot of NOS
11/8/2003 = 11.755 at 119.890 with NOS.

Last edited:
New guy comming

"Fastest 5 speed"

I have a friend in Concord Calif building a 5 speed SC looking to go low 10's once he does it he will post it. He has the money and resorces so I see no problem of him doing it and very soon

Jim is this the anny you picked up a few weeks ago? Was that car for yourself or did you find it for a friend?

Jim is this the anny you picked up a few weeks ago? Was that car for yourself or did you find it for a friend?

Miller

Yes this is the 35TH SC I bought a while back I still own the car :) There doing there own deal with a lot talent in engine building. There looking to go 9's as well there hard core Super Gas racers and Pro ET. They are going to get a lot of final tuning and help from team SBR

There are quite a few 5 speeds that should be pushing past the current reccord next year. Garys still the fasted posted 5 speed SC. We need a 10 second 5 speed.

Back