Fuel Rail Tubing Size

CMac89

I was just wondering the size of the fuel rail. Not where the flexible line is junctioned, but the size of the hard line.

I'm wanting to cut the back side of the fuel rail off and put some -6 AN hard line adaptors on it to run an adjustable FPR. -6AN is 3/8" and the rail doesn't look like it's that big.

Just making sure.

This would be for a late model fuel rail, BTW.

Last edited:
There is a simpler way but the Aeroquip hose is 1/4". However, the FPR isn't a restriction because it's used more as a pressure relief valve. The hose is accepted for NASCAR.

You need some Aeroquip FC332-4 AQP hose to replace the factory plastic connector tubing and extend the fuel rail. 8-1/2 to 9 inches each for the back pair and 12 inches for the drivers side. The FPR housing can be moved from the inner mount location to the outer threaded hole on the back of the driver's side head. This also moves it down a bit. A 3-1/2 inch, 10mm (1.5 pitch) bolt and a 1-3/4 inch, 1/2" copper pipe as a spacer wiil work. I threaded up a stud from 3/8 aluminum round stock. This puts the FPR just behind the valve cover. The entire fuel rail should be removed for this job and be careful not to scratch the barbs.

Back