Rear Defrost ?

Ironsam63

I've had problems before with my rear defrost, it would go off in 10 seconds and would not go on for the rest of the day. Anyhow, my problem now is that when I turn the rear defrost on it works. But, when I turn on the headlights or just parking lights it goes off instantly. My friend told me (also a T-bird owner ) that it could be my rear defrost switch. Any imput would be apprechiated. Thanks.

Switch would be a good place to start. I have known working one from a 92 you could have but im not sure how far away you are. Let me know if you need one. Mark

Ok I changed the rear defrost switch and it's doing the same thing. As soon as I turn my lights on the defrost goes off. Any place else to look? The car has all stock wiring so nothing has been tampered with. Thanks

on the back window you have two wire, one on the passenger side that grounds to the roof and one on the driver side that gets +12 from that defroster switch.

remove the wire on the driver side and let it hang free, then try the switch and see if it stays on like it is suppose to.

Back