Fresh in from Nationals

Jason Parham

Dad and I rolled back into town around 2:30 am CT. Rick decided to leave early Sunday morning to go to the NHRA US Nationals in Indy and Sarah had to go visit relatives in Indiana so the caravan home was left to just us and Mike. We rode togethor until Nashville where we split off with mike going down 24 and us continuing on 65 towards Birmingham. Going up we caught a few traffic backups, probably due to holiday traffic, but Sunday night the roads were almost deserted in some spots. I think we shaved about a half hour off driving time comparred to the trip up there.
The event was awesome. Lots of great cars and lots of great people. I think someone said the official count was like 67 cars. Here are a few highlights:
-I heard many say the drag strip was slick as ice but somehow Rick managed to get his best time yet. A 13.36 I belive.
-While we were there J-Rob from the TCCoA did what will go down in Burnout history. He lit the hides for about 3 minutes only stopping when peole were flagging him down cause coolant was gushing out of the car. Luckily, he didnt break anything that I know of. It was due to the car overheating and coolant puking out of the overflow reservoir. Needless to say the pile of rubber he left was still smoking when the track people swept it away 15 minutes later!!! I dont know if I can describe the burnout itself, you'll just have to see the video when it becomes available.
-Sarah won 1st place in the non-SC modified at Sunday's car show. I know she's probably still grinning from ear to ear. Way to go girl!!!
-The cruise Saturday night up to South Bend. We probably had a dozen cars in a solid block going down highway 19. Dodging the cops (even though we really werent doing anything illegal) and writing piles of Rice Cop tickets topped it off.
-Being woken up to burnouts in the hotel parking lot at 2am. We didnt have a situation quite like the the Super B!tch at the Carlisle Super 8 but i do think we ticked off some management. Oh well!

Thats all I can think of now. Rick, Sarah, Mike, or anybody else feel free to add to the list

Back