I scored with some wheels in my own back yard.

ricardoa1

I was about to buy some mustang V6 wheels for my new Drag tires. And I remembered a set of two wheels that came in the trunk of an old beater cherokee that I had bought a few years back. I almost took them to the junker but I kept them and forgot about them. I though to my self to try them out on the bird, what the heck. When I had the Cobra I remember I put them on temporarily in the back while some new tires came in the mail.

Well it seems to work on the SC with the larger rotor and stock relocated caliper, It missed the wheel by a few MM. Yay I am not sure how the 10.5 wide tires will fit and stick out, but here they are with 205/65/15s.

Dragwheels001.jpg

Dragwheels002.jpg

Dragwheels003.jpg

Dragwheels004.jpg

Dragwheels005.jpg

Dragwheels006.jpg

Last edited:
I sold a ton of those back in the early 90's. Whats the offset?. Perhaps I can get some nascar lookin BARTS rims for the rear of mine

There are no numbers on the back of these I would need to do the ruler method to get any measurements. Problem is if I mess up the measuring it will hit. The caliper. its really close, but ok.

If those are 205's you're gonna have some major hang over action going on.

Those look steel. Heeavvvyyyyyyy...........

Those are definitely steel but you can get lighter weight steel rims that may fit in the 20lb range...A cheap alternative for a rear cobra brake equiped car

Those are definitely steel but you can get lighter weight steel rims that may fit in the 20lb range...A cheap alternative for a rear cobra brake equiped car

I am almost sure these are the specs. These were supposed to be on a Jeep cherokee so this is the measurements that will fit one.
Cragar 330
RIM SIZE 15x8
BOLT PATTERN 5x4.5
OFFSET (+/-)MM -19
REAR SPAC 3 3/4
SHIPPING WEIGHT 27
LOAD RATING 1600
LUG NUT TYPE conical

I weighed the drags, and they are 17lbs. So plus the 27~ should come in at 44lbs, similar to the stock weight I think. So I am happy, best of all the wheels were free.
I hope to run them next year. I should get a nice wrinkle effect. :D

Two points:

1.) The offset looks like it is about an inch too far in. I don't know how that will affect your suspension action, but it might be something to think about.

2.) Are they hubcentric to the Thunderbird? You don't want to put all that stress on the wheel studs. If they are not hubcentric, I would recommend buying a pair of new wheels. You could get probably adapter rings for them if you really wanted to.

Mounted the tires on them. I think I will be OK.

Looks good I think...Not that it matters the car cannot be driven to the track anyways but I was bored and mounted one for trial purposes.

my28party007.jpg

my28party006.jpg

my28party008.jpg

my28party009.jpg

Back