Clutch Actuator

90coug

The clutch actuator that has to be pushed in for the car to start has fallen off its hanger and now dangles at my feet :(. Can someone please tell me what wires go where on this unit? Or better yet just tell me which ones I can jumper so I don't need to use this when starting the car. I need to bypass it because the plastic clip that holds it on is gone. As of right now I'm having to hunch over and push in the actuator to start the car. There seems to be two red and two multi-color (green) ones. I’m guessing one goes to the EEC and one to the battery, not sure about the other two. This is for an 89tbirdsc

Thanks and happy holidays.

Last edited:
There's 3 functions on that for the 89. Starter, Disable cruise, and to tell the EEC that the clutch is in.

I'm sure someone could get you what you need to replace that.

There's 3 functions on that for the 89. Starter, Disable cruise, and to tell the EEC that the clutch is in.

I'm sure someone could get you what you need to replace that.

Right, I need to go the cheap route however. If I could just figure out which ones to jump I'd be set.

I believe if you jump the 2 red/green wires on it, it'll allow you to start the car.

Someone here should check the '89 's wiring diagram to confirm that.

Thanks for your help so far fturner, does anyone have a wiring diagram?

Last edited:
On mine 93 the previous owner used a zip tie to hold the rod in place. It worked. I didn't know it wasn't properly hooked up until the duct tape they used gave way and the switch fell down to my feet.

I broke mine too, when I was doing the 5 spd swap...untill I can find that little clip, I just zip-tied the rod into the sensor so its always pressed, I know my cruise dont work .im not sure if there is 2 wires to jumper, so you could start your car without the pedal, but your cruise still works??

I honestly do not know if my cc works or not. I haven't had a reason to try it. I will try tonight and let you know.

The white plastic piece that supports the back has broken. I'm going to try and support it again somehow, that way I'm not compromising the cruise. Hmm.... thanks for the input

The CC on these is controlled by vacume from the brake pedal. The clutch just has the same 4 wires as I recall and this plug in is found on all 89 -95 Tbirds. My 93 3.8 LX has these wires but it has the bypass plug insted of the clutch switch. Find a auto or have someone here with a extra mail you one.

Back