spring/suspension problem

thunderkid84

i started takin my rear springs out to cut them and lower the car. i followed the instructions from mn12performance. got the dr. side out but snapped an impact socket on the other side. i got frustrated and said screw it and threw the spring back in and put everything back together.

now my rear end bounces waaaay more than it used to. i never cut anything. the 1 spring came out and went right back in.

did i do something wrong here guys ?

thanx

Did you tighten suspension bolts with bushings associated with them with the suspension unloaded? If so you may be suffering from bushing wind-up.

As Duffy said. The wheel smust be loaded before suspension is bolted back together. SO that means wheel on ground, on stand, lift...Whatever

when i tightened the bolts the suspension arm was just hanging there, i think.

so everything needs to be tightened with the vehicle raised and suspension hanging ?

Everything should be tightened with the car on the ground and full weight on all the wheels. (ie suspension loaded)

No...it needs to be tightened with weight on the wheels, as it says above.

In other words find a drive-on lift, loosen the bolts and then re-tighten them.

So I take it those who responded were correct that you had bushing windup from tightening the bolts with the suspension unloaded?

So I take it those who responded were correct that you had bushing windup from tightening the bolts with the suspension unloaded?

yup, everybody was right.

i just took the wheel off, stuck a jack stand under the pass side and the jack under the driver side knuckle. loosened the bolts, let it settle and retightened the bolts.

no more bounce !

thanks again

Back