Would you consider?

Would you consider the ThunderBird SC a New Age Muscle car?

• Yes

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters

SuperCharged91

Ok so i went to a small exhaust shop they gave me a decent price but they said that they would have to charge an extra $20 no big deal its just the reason that kind of gets me they said my car is classified a New age Muscle car kind of surprised me would you consider the ThunderBird Super Coupes a New Age Muscle car

Kinda sounds like a b.s. charge to me so if you drive a muscle car instead of a commuter car you get charged 20 bucks extra and if so what's the reason?

Jay

exhaust pipe is exhaust pipe, that guy must think ur an idiot when it comes to cars. he prolly rips old ladies off with "extra" charges.

Thats just plain BS. A car is a car is a car. There is no liability inherent to the exhaust shop whether it is a Shelby GT or a Cavalier. In todays competetive market, it does pay to shop around and barter for their services. Hundreds of these shops go out of business every year because of shoddy business practices. I had my exhaust done at a race shop, and his price was 2-300 lower than any of the so called chains. I got quotes from everyplace I went to, carried them with me and used them when I was hunting for a quote. Two of the shops said that they wouldnt allow me to purchase the mufflers and cats on my own, and I understand that somewhat, but it just seems strange to be turning any business away these days.
Anyway, I hope you are happy with the new system. Have fun.

Matt
coolhand

Ok so i went to a small exhaust shop they gave me a decent price but they said that they would have to charge an extra $20 no big deal its just the reason that kind of gets me they said my car is classified a New age Muscle car kind of surprised me would you consider the ThunderBird Super Coupes a New Age Muscle car

Did they make the pipes, or did they just use prefab pipes? If it was prefab pipes, the charge was likely for freight to ship in some parts from not stocking anything.

Though the words they used is making me feel they were testing what they could get away with over you. If you didn't give them some trouble when they pulled that out of the hat, they decided they could maybe work you over a little more. Did they give you an estimate? Did they go over the estimate?

Technically yes. By the official definition of "New Age Muscle car" established by the Muscle car terminology department of the Global Society of Automotive Enthusiasts, any American made rear wheel drive car with a v-style block engine which has independant rear suspension, ABS brakes and 4wheel disk brakes is classified as a "New Age" muscle car. The Mustangs other than the 99-03 Cobra still fall into the "Musclecar" category due to their heritage and solid rear axel. Turbocoupes are considered "Tuners" cause they have an inline 4 cyl engine even though they have solid axel and rear wheel drive.

It's a legitimate charge similar to the Chevy truck starter part number 3501 which costs $49.95 new vs. the Chevy Corvette starter part number 3501 which costs $195.95.:D

I dont really care about the B.S charge i knew it was a B.S Charge but he still quoted $120 less then anyone in town i was just saying would you consider the car a new age muscle car

I dont really care about the B.S charge i knew it was a B.S Charge but he still quoted $120 less then anyone in town i was just saying would you consider the car a new age muscle car

Yeah if it ran on grass and had a giant peace sign in the back window with a save the doplhins bumper sticker maybe another that says 'love animals dont eat them' hehehe

I agree i would have to say the Super Coupe is in a performance class of its own. I mean not to many 2ton v6s out there that are pretty fast

Back