No brakes?!?!?!?!?

SuperCharged91

SO basically i was driving down the road today went to stop and to my surprise ABS wount ingage i have a little bit of brake power but not enough to even stop me from a 10mph roll. The brake pedal only goes down about 1/2 to 1 inch the anti-Lock light and Brake light are stuck on.

Any idea of what it could be like small probleams or is my Brake syestem trashed?

You need to verify that the pump motor will run.....

With the key off, pump the brakes about 20 times.....

Open the hood and listen for the pump motor to run while someone turns the key on, but doesn't start the engine.....

If the pump motor is working, you will hear it hum for about 15 - 20 seconds and then shut off......

If the pump motor does this, then your probably have an accumulator that is going out....

The big-e pretty much summed it up. If the pump motor doesn't run at all then usually the culprit for that is the relay for it located on the pax side of the firewall.

Oh GREAT!!!!! :eek:

Somebody get a crow bar to widen the door frames up so big-e's swelled head can get through!!!

Just teasing ;).

I had a similar thing happen with a TurboCoupe.
The problem was the Ignition Switch.
The switch only came part way apart in the colum.
The terminals that lost contact were the ones that kept the brakes alive.:eek:

Oh GREAT!!!!! :eek:

Somebody get a crow bar to widen the door frames up so big-e's swelled head can get through!!!

Just teasing ;).

MUST

STOP

SWELLING......:p

PRESSURE

TOO

MUCH......:rolleyes:

I love my parts cars......

Anytime I need anything, I can just go and pull it off.....

Back