Water leak

Ottoparts

I have developed a major water leak on the right side of the engine in front of the cradle. As fast as I can pour antifreeze in, it dumps out. I cannot see where it is coming due to all the crap in the way. Could this be a possible head gasket? My oil still is water free (not milky). Car runs fine. Plan on looking at it this weekend. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Water pouring out of the front of the engine craddle area, is not a head gasket symptom. There are several places on the front of the engine that can be the source of your leak.

I have developed a major water leak on the right side of the engine in front of the cradle. As fast as I can pour antifreeze in, it dumps out. I cannot see where it is coming due to all the crap in the way. Could this be a possible head gasket? My oil still is water free (not milky). Car runs fine. Plan on looking at it this weekend. Any thoughts? Thanks.

check water pump, all the coolant water lines like the ones under all that "crap" and while your at it just check the time cover as welll for fun

Check your frost plugs on that side of the block... their are a couple right there and if they go... big leak.

Does it dump out when the engine is running, or when it is still.

I.e., engine off, coolant leaks out and eventually stops. When you put more coolant in the radiator, does the coolant just start coming out again without having to start the motor?

When you start the motor, does it come out faster?

You could have a freeze plug that has corroded and is leaking. (do you have a block heater? That would be a good suspect) You could have a leak at the oil cooler line, or a leak at the heater hose line. The heater hose line runs along the valve cover. The oil cooler line is down by the oil filter.

Leaks only when its running. I cannot tell if its from the top or the bottom. Everything on the right side is wet. I hope to jack it up tomorrow and look.

Back