What are the chances that the new 2009 new twinforce 3.5l DOHC might be used for a sc

I have many ideas for a new tbird and those or two componants of one of the ideas I had. Although I personally loved the retro tbird I think ford should use a tbird as the technologically and aesthetically foward platform. Basically a continuation on the mn12 SC idea. I would definitely incorperate the new stang platform retrofitted with an IRS but would perfer a v8 as opposed to a v6. direct injected twin turboed v8 would be swell haha

Leave the V8s to the mustangs. The TC and SCs had an idea that was killed with the introduction of the V8s I can tell you there would been more SCs sold if they did not offer a V8 in any of the years. Give people two engine choices but not with similar output.
MKS will have this engine but that will be a FWD and AWD platform.

If Ford made a car to fill the Midsize coupe segment, Altima coupe, Accord Coupe, G35, Audi A5?, BMW 650.......how about a GT-R competitor for 1/3 of the price. That will surely boost sales.

http://www.gtrnissan.com/gallery.en.us.html

Ford Twin Force V8 power and performance with V6 fuel economy

The Lincoln MKR concept introduces a new engine technology that delivers V-8 power and performance with V-6 fuel economy.

The new technology, named TwinForce™, will appear on future Lincoln and Ford vehicles.

TwinForce uses direct injection technology and turbocharging. These technologies are common in diesel engines, but have only recently been combined for use in gasoline engines.

“Everything we do is driven by our customers,” said Derrick Kuzak, group vice president, Global Product Development. “Our TwinForce engine technology is a key element of how we’re going after fuel economy gains without asking anyone to give up performance.”

TwinForce’s direct-injection fuel system is different than conventional port fuel-injected gasoline engines. Instead of squirting gasoline into the engine cylinder head, it directly injects gasoline into the engine’s cylinders at high pressures.

(IMG:http://media.ford.com/press_files/image_files/turbo-plumbing_final.jpg)

Direct-injection fuel systems can more precisely control when and how much fuel is injected into the engine cylinders, allowing for more efficient burn and improved combustion control that delivers optimal performance and fuel economy.

Ford’s new Duratec 35 all-aluminum V-6, named a 10 Best Engine by Ward’s, is the foundation for the TwinForce technology found in the Lincoln MKR concept.

The Lincoln MKR’s engine is flex-fuel capable, providing the driver with the flexibility to switch back and forth between gasoline and E-85 ethanol. At Ford, flexible fuel is an important step toward development of more efficient, renewable biofuels that can provide energy security as well as environmental benefits.

Combining the high octane found in E-85 or premium gasoline with TwinForce technology allows the Lincoln MKR’s V-6 to deliver 415 horsepower and 400 pound-feet of torque – an impressive 118 horsepower per liter.

To achieve this type of performance from a V-8 would require an engine displacement of 6.0-liters or larger. As a result of the smaller V-6, the Lincoln MKR concept delivers 15 percent better fuel economy than a V-8 with similar performance.

In North America, the market is growing for the new TwinForce technology. Ford Motor Company already has several direct-injection equipped 4-cylinder engines in production, including a 1.8-liter launched in the 2003 Ford Mondeo and the 2.3-liter turbocharged engine developed by Mazda for the 2006 MazdaSpeed6. The TwinForce technology used in the Lincoln MKR represents Ford’s first application of direct injection on a V-6 engine. Its development was led by Ford Powertrain Research and Advanced Engineering, the same group leading the production design and development of this technology in a pilot program intended to speed the time to market with the new engine.

Back