My exhaust system got quiet.

posjr

I was driving my car today and notice i had no power and my exhaust got really quiet. Over night.

i guess my first try is to chang plugs. Which i have right now are 103's gapped at .45.

I also have a 75mm tb, 80mm mark MAF, FMIC, No front cats and no mufflers.
Car ran fine for weeks until lastnight. I know the tb has a vac leak on the lever side.

And than the idle was little jumpy so i turned the idle screw just a 1/4 of a turn and the car died.

Sounds like a clog somewher in the exhaust system. You say you have no front cats-do you have rear cats?

Nick

If you have a 3rd cat or rear cats on the car you have a situation then.. Super Coupes came with 2 catalytic convertors not 3 or 4..

If you have a 3rd cat or rear cats on the car you have a situation then.. Super Coupes came with 2 catalytic convertors not 3 or 4..

94-95 Manual SCs have a third cat at the Y Some early cars had it too.
In my early days, I deleted the two main ones and took a pipe and a hammer and hollowed the third one so I would keep the Y section intact.

94-95 Manual SCs have a third cat at the Y Some early cars had it too.
In my early days, I deleted the two main ones and took a pipe and a hammer and hollowed the third one so I would keep the Y section intact.

D'oh!! Thats what i get for owning a 90 LoL.. When I came onboard with the 94 it had a test pipe where the 3rd cat is supposed to be..

Back