codes 118,157,211,212 problem fixed!!!

89tird

hooked the computer and got these codes with the engine warm and car off.

118 ( coolant temp sensor circuit above maximum voltage ) ect ?? changed it twice, fan still doesnt work , works during the test though.

157 ( Mass airflow sensor below minimum voltage ) bad maf ? if i disconnect it while running doesnt really after the car.

211 ( Profile ignition pickup circuit faulty ) is this the crank sensor ? takes a couple of tries to start it.

212 ( Loss of tach input to eca , spout circuit grounded ) cam sensor ? changed it not too long ago..

sry for posting so much :rolleyes:

btw: happy holidays !

Last edited:
crank sensor

definitely crank sensor, my car did the same thing had the same codes, i replaced the DIS first, nothing, then the cam sensor, nothing, and finally the crank sensor. if the upshift light comes on when u r cranking its the crank sensor 100%. As for the other codes i dont really know....hope this helps

Paul

thanks for the reply man, i bought a crank sensor from autozone , they were showing a different one for my 93 but gave me one for a 92, i installed it but didn't work, i was told they were the same.

im going to get another one hopefuly it works this time. thanks

found ittttt !!!! found the problem , car runs and drives like a pro even heard the blower whine..

i missed the stupudiest thing ever !!! i was missing a ground from the neg side of the battery to the frame ... i put a regular wire on there and drove it around town !!:D ,, greatest feeling ever..

of course it died when i was pulling in but i guess its because it just a regular wire and not the one that goes on there

Back