WTB: eight 30 lb. injectors, CHEAP :-)

fast Ed

Hey guys

Maybe between a few of you, who have parted out a car, or upgraded your OEM early injectors, I can scrounge up a set of 8 30 lb. injectors, for as little money as possible. :)

I'm working on putting together another 302 for my old Cougar, with a decent cam and heads, so it will need more than the basic 19s. The 30s will be a bit overkill, but if I can get them cheap enough, I'll use them intead of 24s. The car will be getting a custom tune and C&L meter anyway, so we can make the 30s work if the price is right. Did I mention cheap? ;):D

Hit me up with a p.m. or e-mail if you can help out.

thx,
Ed N.

Ed I've got 6 from my 91 with 85k on it.You can have them for whatever shipping on them is.I'm not using them and you've always helped me with any part # info I needed so I kinda look at it as payback.Pm me if you're interested.

Jay

Thanks for the offer, Jay, I'll keep that in mind. I'm really cheap, so I'll see if any turn up locally first, before I get them shipped in. :)

cheers
Ed N.

I should have six kicking around here Ed from the motor I tore down. Let me take a look and get back to you. If I have them they're yours.

Thanks, Dean. Let me know about them, and the GT40 intake spacer your friend had, when you get a chance please.

thx,
Ed N.

I have never delved this far into an SC's fuel system. Mister stock over here. Are 30 pounders factory? If so, I have at least 6. Please advise.

Bruce

Brian must have scads of 'em. Can't get more local.

I got 6 off a '90 and they're probably still connected to the harness.
I'll be in Trenton over the weekend and have a look see what's there.
Anything else? I have a near complete car in boxes. Advise.
Canada Post 'em up.

Bruce

I hadn't talked to Brian yet, I was thinking that the ones he had might still be on good running engines. Should give him a try anyway. Thanks for the reminder.

thx,
Ed N.

Turns out that Brian has some, so I'll pass by his place next time I'm heading up that way.

thanks everyone

cheers
Ed N.

Ed...

Try to get the 30lb'ers with the diffuser plate on the end (instead of the early version with the exposed pintle) if possible... the spray pattern is better at low duty cycles. Look for the 280-150-945's.

Last edited:
Paul, I grabbed a bunch from Brian earlier today, but wasn't even thinking about the earlier and later style on the 30s, though I did know that in the back of my head. Anyway, I'll take a closer look at them, and can likely swap any with him that I might need to.

Also picked up an Explorer GT40 intake set today, so my parts list is getting shorter for the new engine for the Cougar. Now I just need a MAF, throttle body, roller rockers, and a timing chain set, and I'll be pretty much good to go. That's the great thing with the Mustang EFI conversion, the 86 - 93 style parts are plentiful and reasonably priced. When it's done it should be in the range of 275 rwhp, so the old car should scoot pretty well. It weighs around 3,400 lbs.

cheers
Ed N.

oops

hi Ed,

sorry but i have not read posts for a bit and only noticed you need stock injectors - in case you still need any, so happens i have a set you are welcome to ( well used though).

cheers,
vytas

Thanks Vytas. I did get a set from Brian Pennell, at some point we'll run them on our old injector cleaning machine here at the dealership to make sure they're OK. If not, I'll be searching for some more.

thx,
Ed N.

Back