No Fuel ?

Ironsam63

Sorry it not for my SC, but I can't find help anywhere else. I have a 95 Lumina 3.1 V6 and the fuel injectors aren't opening. The car just died one day and I towed it home. I have 47lbs of fuel at the fuel rail. I changed the fuel filter,fuel pressure regulator, and new injectors. Nobody can get a code either. I started the car with starter fluid and its getting spark. My friend said it might be the cam sensor or crank sensor not telling the injectors to pulsate for fuel. Can someone help? I'm getting low on money to be guessing on parts. The worst thing is that I'm spending money on a Lumina instead my SC! Thanks.

it definitely sounds like something electrical. I'm trying to remember, my brother had a 90 lumina w/3.1. He was driving one day, and it just suddenly died on him out of nowhere. I believe we replaced the electronic control module and that fixed it. It's only been at least 7 years ago though, so i cannot remember for sure, but I know it it was some module that we replaced.

I still remember putting the piece in, and it was located under the hood somewhere. It seems to me they had problems with this piece on those cars.

ok, since I work at a chevy dealer, I just went ahead and asked one of the veteran technicians.

Check to see if you have power going to the injectors. If you do not, you probably have a bad ignition module. On my brothers 90, the ignition module was under the coilpack. On your 95 it should be right on top, next to the alternator. Let me know what you find. To be able to check the module to know for sure if it is bad, you will probably need wiring schematics, but it is a very good guess, for sure

btw, i'm pretty sure that is what I replaced on my brothers car.

Chris

Last edited:
Get yourself a noid light at any auto parts store. you just unplug the injector and plug in the light to see If it pulses when you crank the engine. Two things control the injectors, computer and ICM. Thats about all I can think of.

OK I've checked and I do not have any pulse at the injectors. I followed the wires from the injectors to the Computer ( ECM ) and they look good. My ? now is there is a sensor behind the fuel rail going into the intake with 2 wires from it running in the same wire lum as the fuel injector wires to the ECM just wondering what sensor that is. Also, I found that my wheelwell had cracked and a big piece missing allowing all the water, salt, and debree from my front pas. tire splashing right on the ECM. I'm going to the junkyard tommorow to get one just to try, because new they are $400. If this doesn't work I will get a Ignition module. Thanks and please let me know if something else comes to mind.http://www.autozone.com/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/0e/da/79/0900823d800eda79/repairInfoPages.htm FIGURE 15 3.1L 95 LUMINA I've looked at the wiring diagram and I only see that the Camshaft sensor ,Crankshaft sensor, Fuel injector fuse, or the ECM can be linked to causing the injectors not to pulsate. Please tell me if I am correct according to the wire diagram

Last edited:
Just a bump. Going to the junkyard in a couple of hours and just asking if I should grab something else to try? Thanks.

No not yet. I found a inline fuse for the fuel injectors and it was bad, so I changed it and still won't start. I'm going to get a ICM tommorrow and see if thats it.

Back