Wiring harness from 90 SC to 5.0 harness

JDC

I have a built 5.0 and I want to put it in a 90 SC. I have complete harness and computor for a 5.0. Is there a scmatic to hook up a 90 Sc to a 5.0 harness and computor to run engine,transmission,speedo,water temp.,oil light,and tach.? I have checked other web sites and most have changed since 03. I checked w/XR7Dave and couldn't reach him. I understand that the AOD and convertor is a bolt up to the 5.0: is the starter also a bolt up? And do I need a 94-95 timing chain cover and intake, because were the throttle body turns into intake?? Can I use a Calinduction hood? If do you know were I can get one.? If there is anyone who can help me I would appreciate all the help I can get at this point. SC has been down for 3 months and I really want to get started. Thanks to everyone who has helped me with my questions. JD

As for the wiring... easiest is to remove the wiring for the SC and install all the wiring for the 5.0 under the hood.... your going from a 6 cylinder to an 8 so your going to have a few more wires, plus your going from a DIS system to a distributor as well.

I pulled my harness and replaced it with the 5.0 harness and computer.

Everything I had came from a 93lx so it swapped right in. I don't know about the starter. I want to say no, although I didn't try it either. I want to say that starter rings are different. I also recall needing a SPORT cluster for the dash. I needed to solder in a jumper for the tach to function correctly.
It was a few years ago that I did this. I'll do some hunting and see if I can find some information. I normally back up my files every year or so and this is the kind of info I wouldn't just trash. I can't make any promises though.

Last edited:
Back