Attn: Lentech V/B Owners

THE BIRDMAN

Hey I was wondering if anyone who is running the lentech street terminator v/b could take a pic of where the v/b o/d delete wiring comes out of the tranny so I can see where I need to drill and tap my case.I ordered the wiring kit from lentech also so I have the bulkhead style fitting they supply in the kit.Also does anyone know if I can use my switch from my arc to engage the overdrive delete since I removed the arc shocks off my car and went with koni yellows.Thanks

Jay

Mine is a Strip Terminator trans, but that part should be the same.

len3.jpg

If the transmission is still in the car, it's nearly impossible to tap the case and install the fitting with the wire glued inside like shown on Bruce's picture. Most people just drill a hole from the bottom and make a knot in the wire on either side of the transmission case to secure it and then seal it with RTV.

David

Actually I disagree with David, Something I rarely do. I drilled the hole and tapped it from the bottom as shown in the picture. Doing it as David said also works, as many have done it.

Ken

Attachments

• OD delete location.jpg
    OD delete location.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 817
The guy who installed my valve body did the same thing as ken. It's a little tougher but helps if the car is on a lift. He drilled the hole from below and the filter and pan off. Then he tapped the hole from the top with flat wrench to turn the tap.

You will be less likely to have any fluid weeping out if you do it that way.

Thanks alot guys the pic helps out alot!!

Dave the tranny is out of the car and is totally diassembled I'm currently building my own street terminator tranny to save money so I bought all the parts that go into a street term tranny and I'm going to assemble it myself.I bought there street term rebuild kit,1 piece input shaft,front pump assy,and a s/t v/b cal 2.Also an scp extended cast alum tranny pan.

Does anyone have an answer to my question about using the arc switch to arm the o/d delete.Thanks

Jay

You will be less likely to have any fluid weeping out if you do it that way.
I never tapped the hole on my case, just drilled it a little bigger than the wire and added I little silicone, it has never leaked. Sure I have other tranny problems, but not the hole. Since the hole isn't submerged in fluid or under pressure, tapping really isn't needed....although it sure does look better.

I wouldn't use the ARC switch without adding a relay. The standard setup is just through the switch that you can buy from them. That runs the full load through the switch that holds the solenoid. Unless you can find the load rating of that ARC switch, I wouldn't use it.

I'm gonna add a relay to mine this winter when I mount the switch in a panel.

Yeah I don't mind adding a relay cause that's no big deal I just don't want to cut up my console to mount up the switch that came in the kit from Lentech.I could mount it inside the console or ashtray but then it's not as easily accessable.And I like the position of the stock arc and fog light switches.

Jay

Actually I disagree with David, Something I rarely do. I drilled the hole and tapped it from the bottom as shown in the picture. Doing it as David said also works, as many have done it.

Ken

I never thought of tapping it from the bottom....live and learn.

David

Back