Cam Sensor Confusion

ronl@ihsnet.com

Hi All,

Done all the reading I could here, then saw this when someone asked about the sensor tool:
08-12-2002, 04:11 PM LJGriggs SC Oldtimer

You don't need one Unless you just want to have one for your tool box, you don't need it. Just install the replacement Cam Sensor in the same position as the old one.

I'm not the sharpest tool in the box, but I'm wondering: Is it just that simple? Do I have to do the TDC thing, or just place the new sensor in the same position as the one coming out? And can you find TDC without removing the vavle cover? Will the timing markes on the balancer line up at TDC ?

And should I get the new one from the parts store or go to Ford?

The car is real hard to start, and sometimes the tach works, sometimes it won't. Would like to do this myself . . . and plugs and wires . . . at the same time.

Thanks in advance.

If you are replacing the cam sensor, all you have to do is unbolt it and replace it with the new one. If you are replacing the cam synchronizer, then you have to reset TDC.

if all your doing is raplacing the sensor, then pull the 2 5.5mm? bolts out and unplug the connector, reinstall bolts, and plug back in! that simple!

You can check for TDC by removing the #1 Cyl plug and have a friend bump the starter until you feel pressure coming up through the hole THEN you can line the marks up on the harmonic balancer

Hope it helps, Tony

Have a good new year:D

CSC - thanks

Thanks Birds and Young . . . !

Couldn't be any simpler than that.
Hope it makes the Tbird happy.

:)
glad there is a sccoa forums for help!

Back