Lysholm superchargers?

skeem187

Anyone know anything about these? Since it is a twin screw is it on par performance wise with the ar? Will it bolt right on or do you have to do some fabrication to get it to fit? I was trying to figure out if these were feasible as an upgrade over the M90, since the ones I saw were between 1650 & 2250. TIA

http://www.opcon.se/index.asp?sPage=1&langID=1&cID=14

They all come from the same source

Basically they merged under the parent company Obcon awhile back

The "AR" will be a better fit due to its billet case (dimensions are tighter). Also stronger being billet then cast.

Edit.You will also hear varying stories frm both Whipple and Bell on the advantages and disadvantages of both

Last edited:
Lysholm superchargers compress inside the case in addition to pushing the air through, compressing it in the plenum. Eaton's roots blowers only compress the air in the plenum.

The roots blowers also have greater in-efficiency due to their inherent rotor design.

Thus if a M90 and a Lysholm have the same size, the lysholm will have more pressure rise with less heat gain per revolution compared to the M90. Making the rotors for a lysholm compressor is much more labor intensive so they are gonna cost more.

Thus if a M90 and a Lysholm have the same size, the lysholm will have more pressure rise with less heat gain per revolution compared to the M90. Making the rotors for a lysholm compressor is much more labor intensive so they are gonna cost more.
I believe at lower boost levels the Eaton is more efficient but I'm not exactly 100% sure. There are comparisons out there though

There is no bolt on direct replacment twin screw supercharger, all will require fabrication of mounts, inlet plenum, return plenum, bypass valve, modified fuel rail ect...ect...

SCU (Dave Dalke) was making kits for the 1.7 AR and more recently the 2.0 AR, but I don't believe he is currently accepting new orders.

David

Back