smoke & turning off

HI-OUTPUT

smokinsc2fg9.jpg

my engine driverside is smoking from the oil dip stick tube and I think under it to, also under the spark plug wires just wanted to know if it would be the valvecovers or the heads & after 30minutes of driving when the engine is warm & hot when going straight slowly stopping to a red light I notice the gauge drops low and then the car turns off, especially when I steer & dive slowly into a driveway entrance. Since my car is standard when the car turns off on the street I wait about 2 seconds then turn it back on quickly, as I stop and go the gauges drop low and the car almost turns off. Lately its been getting dangerous beacuse when the car turns off while driving the steering wheel hardens up and I have to steer very hard to turn.

Last edited:
I could be a valve cover leaking.....:confused:

What does the smoke smell like.....

I could possably be your power steering going out, as it is located where you are seeing the smoke.....

Definatly sounds like a valve cover leak. I had the same thing and I just tightend them up to make sure it was that, then I went ahead and fixed the valve gaskets. About dying out, either your leak is causing the oil pressure to drop of dramaticly or the burning oil has caked up some wires or sensors. I would clean the oil off the best I could and try to find were its coming from and fix that first.

Back