Your car safe from lightning?

Looks like the ones that caught fire from the cruise control brake switch.. Same location and everything. Pretty amazing!

Heavy rain probably helped conduct the lightning across the car in a path. I saw a semi-truck once that was towed in after it was struck by lightning while it was driving down the road. This was a truck with a liquid oxygen trailer attached.:eek:

Hit the cab of the truck, rolled through the frame rails and went through the drive axles to the ground. Welded the wheel bearings to the races, and damaged the ring gear in the two Rockwell carriers.

Truck came to a stop sideways on an interstate in Kansas.

At work i was walking outside to pull a semi in (379 pete) and got about 100 feet from it and lightning struck one of the cb antena and literally burned it up including the coax up to were it passed through the body of the truck! it threw melted metal wire from the antenna all over the farring and roof of the cab! needless to say the truck wouldnt start! They had to replace the computer the entire instrument cluster the radio the cb and several engine sensors to get it right again! crazy ~~~~!

lightning has struck a couple vehicles at my work before. Both times, it was a silent killer that just took out pretty much everything you can think of in the electrical system. Totalled a 2004 trailblazer that was only a couple months old at the time

When I drove Semi's, I saw a 53'box be tossed (cab and trailer still attached) like a piece of kleenex off of I-70 from a microburst. Scared the ~~~~~ out of me as I was only about 300 yards behind him in my truck.

Back