Pivot pins

Pit Bird

One of my pivot pins on my steering column broke and now the steering wheel is floppy. I did a search and did not pull up anything of use. I went out and bought the puller for the pins and ordered two new pins from ford. I figured on maybe breaking the other one while I am trying to fix the broken one so I got two to be safe. Anyone who has done this before a little info on the repair would be of great help.

I've done them before, but it has been so long I don't remember how I did it. Post a pic of the new ones and I will see if it jogs my memory. I will also look in the service manual to see if I can remember.

Ive done quite a few as well, but i would need a picture as well to tell you exactly what needs to happen...

Once you have the old ones out, you need to install the new ones with a C clamp. I would suggest doing one at a time as there is a spring in the pivot housing that can be a bear to get back in.

Once you have the old ones out, you need to install the new ones with a C clamp..

I have not gotten them from ford yet probably tomorrow they said. I am thinking half of the pin is stuck somewhere I do not want it to be so that is what has got me asking questions about this repair. I hate when I have to get broken bolts and stuff out I usually break more than I fix.

Back