Exhaust Quote

franky_402

Hey there went to my local exhaust shop today and got a quote. I told them that i was installing a 94/95 gas tank to allow for the exhaust setup. And told them i will be getting magnaflow hi-flow cats. The quote for the setup includes pipes from the cats back true dual with turbo style mufflers, i pretty sure no resonator in this setup. The pipes are 2 1/4" crush bent which im a little upset about. Also includes all hangers/hardware/downsputs etc. The estimate came out at 450 with tax. How does this sound to you. Also i asked for a quote for installing and welding up an already made exhaust because i told him my concerns about the mandrel bent tubing and he said about $125. Let me hear some ideas on this from the experts. Also this is the only place in town i think that does exhaust work which is Auto Max. Thanks for the help. I'll see if i can upload an image of the estimate.

First off, whats your power goals for the next couple of years?

Unless your going extreme the crushed bent tubing is going to be fine for you. Your not going to see any difference with Mandrel until your up in hi power range.

That prices seems pretty good for what your getting.

well immediatly the power gains arent going to be extreme. But eventually i would like to get new heads, cam, better blower, od system, alchy system, front mount, bigger intake, injectors pretty much i just want a well rounded nice powerful engine without ~~~~ breaking every other day. Im not going for the fastest sc ever but i want to be getting some nice hp levels. I know these cars are old and ~~~~ will break, but i dont want huge power were clutches are frying, rear ends are blowing and of the sort!!!

Back