To those who have done the Cobra brake upgrade...

Matt Man 89SC

I have a question regarding the rear brakes. When you installed the caliper on the new relocation bracket, did the brake line interfere with the knuckle in any way? Is a different brake line required?

Thanks.

You may have to massage the steel portion of the flex line to make it around the knuckle, but it will go. We used the original lines back on my 95 when we did the conversion this spring.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Ditto on my 89. Bend real slowly and not too much so you do not collapse the hard line.

Real problem I had with my 9.5" rims was getting the emergency brake cable to take a sharper turn away from the rim and wheel weights!!!!

Ok, thanks guys. I did some measurements on the weekend, for the adaptor and clearances, and it looked like the line would hit, so now I know what to do.

Also, does the emergency brake cable contact the sway bar at all? I noticed that on my car right now it has been rubbing a bit, it it may get worse if the bigger rotors are put on.

Thanks again.

The stock e-brake cable does contact the sway bar. I beleive there is a rubber covering on it in that area. I put an 8" piece of that thick black flexible water piping that I split lengthwise to go over the swaybar where the cable passes by. This has helped to save my black powdercoat on the bar.

Back