Hey everybody.

Monster

Hi, my name is Mike. I'm not a SC owner yet, but I might be soon. My boss has a SC that he will sell me for $250.....yes, $250. It needs head gaskets, a tune up, and the windshield re-sealed. Problem is, it has no title. He bought it from a local garage without the title. It isn't stolen, so I should be able to get a title made for it, I think lol. Mileage is unknown to me, I will find out tomorrow. It's a '93 I think, 5 speed. I've always liked these thing, so hopefully I will own this one soon. I'll post pics soon.

First pic

S4020305.jpg

Second pic

S4020304.jpg

The trunk lid and rear reflectors indicate that they have been replaced or the car is a '89-'91. In '92 they changed to the other style reflectors.
But I would still nab it up if all it basically needs is head gaskets.

The trunk lid and rear reflectors indicate that they have been replaced or the car is a '89-'91. In '92 they changed to the other style reflectors.
But I would still nab it up if all it basically needs is head gaskets.

Yeah you're right, I talked to him today and it's an '89. I've never even seen that car other than these pics. He said he's not so sure it even needs head gaskets. There is no oil in the coolant and no coolant in the oil and the coolant level wasn't that low. It's in need of a tune up bad, he said you can see all the plug wires arcing and it runs really rough.

The story on it is, a customer took it to a garage to have it fixed, they told them that the head gaskets were blown and quoted them a price. The customer didn't want to mess with it and told the garage to junk the car and pretty much abandoned it without giving the title. The car was on its way to be crushed when my boss found it and gave him $200 cash for it. That's why it has no title.

I'm also buying a '90 Honda Prelude Si from him, $1200 for both cars.

EDIT: You can see the lil bright red Honda in those pics of the SC too.

Last edited:
After some more dealing, I'm going to buy the SC, the Prelude, 2 10" subs, a new JVC head unit, a T25 turbo and a front mount intercooler (both for the Prelude) for $1300 total.

Another update:

I went and saw the SC in person. Body is in good shape, no rust, decent paint, minor dents. Interior isn't too bad, needs cleaned mostly. The interior is red though, which I don't really like yet. It might grow on me though. It has 107K miles on it. All the tires still had air in them and it's been sitting for 6 months.

Probably not going to buy the Prelude or the turbo stuff though, I already have one Prelude so I don't need another. I won't be boosting my Prelude either, it will just be a daily driver.

I'm curious if you will be able to title the car. I would make sure of that before I put any money into it. The shop should be able to apply for a mechanics lean on the car, and officially own it to sell to you within a month. Technially if they have not done this yet, it is not their car to sell to you.

thats nice for the price i almost bought a silver sc for 250, but they couldnt get the engine to run, and was no where street ready, front bumper was gone, headlights were gone, rear 1/4 glass was gone, column was gone and some more stuff and i almost bought that, if i were you it would definetly be in my driveway. Even if you cant get it titled you could pick up another for fairly cheap and replace parts or sell some stuff up here!

is the red t-bird an sc also, cant tell from any of the pics, i was trying to see the rims but there just cut-off barely!!

Last edited:
Back