supercharger need help!

hotrodseanxx

hi,
I have a 1993 thunderbird with the 3.8v6 but it did not come with the supercharger... everything is stock on the car and is in mint condition and only has 72,000 miles...

I wanted to know if it was possible and how hard it is to add on the stock supercharger that the SC came with.

thanks

You'll be better off selling the 3.8 Tbird and picking up a Super Coupe if you wanted the SC 3.8.

- Dan

If you are going to go through that much grief, you are better off buying a centrifugal and putting it on your LX. It will work with the stock motor without blowing it apart. There is a guy selling a procharger setup on one of the boards for $1200.

It won't even bolt it on. The jackshaft bracket that drives the supercharger hits the distributor. If you have a 96-97 3.8L LX T-bird then it would bolt on because they have EDIS (electronic distributorless ignition), but you would need larger injectors and a major re-tune on the EEC (SCT chip or the like)

But since you have a '93 3.8L base, you're sorta out of luck unless you swap the whole SC wiring harness and engine and computer in.

Go look at www.v6power.net... That is the site for v6 mustangs that have the same engine you do pretty much.

I would love to see someone do this swap to a '96-'97 LX since that body style never came supercharged :)

Jeramie

Back