Electric Waterpump

Paulio91184

Does anyone make an electric waterpump for the SC? Also, how much hp do you guys think it would free up, and is it worth it?

Last edited:
Tom Morana racing sells a 3.8 electric water pump I don't know if it works on SC's or not but you could give him a call and ask.

Jay

Randy Backer made one.

Making one isn't that difficult if you have the equipment to do it. You simply need to make a plate that can be used to mount a generic electric water pump to. A generic water pump just is the motor, a plate, and a impeller to move the coolant. Then the plate you make is designed to route the coolant through the block as well as attach the assembly to the block.

Alternatively, you could use a remote mount coolant pump, in which case your plate is a block off plus providing fittings on the inlet and outlet for the lines to go to the outside pump.

For the track, an electric pump can make some sense.

For the street... I can only imagine a maintenance headache.

Randy Backer made one.

Making one isn't that difficult if you have the equipment to do it. You simply need to make a plate that can be used to mount a generic electric water pump to. A generic water pump just is the motor, a plate, and a impeller to move the coolant. Then the plate you make is designed to route the coolant through the block as well as attach the assembly to the block.

Alternatively, you could use a remote mount coolant pump, in which case your plate is a block off plus providing fittings on the inlet and outlet for the lines to go to the outside pump.

For the track, an electric pump can make some sense.

For the street... I can only imagine a maintenance headache.

Mike, I have made more than one ,and I have made more than one style.

The REMOTE water pump not to hard to make.

The other syle waterpumps I made are a little harder to do than just
owning a mill to cut the parts.

STOCK PLACMENT OF electric pump. There is more to building an electric water pump than just a plate shaped like a stock water pump. And
then bolting a generic electric water pump. Many more parts are
involved.

ELECTRIC PUMP WITH IDELER BELT Pully. This set up uses less parts.
but it take more machined parts than a simple waterpump delete plate.
4.6 electric pump.

As far as longevity, The different style electric waterpumps I have
tried and tested for my own use. Have a 2000 hour warrenty, Thats
around 36,000 miles .

A stock belt driven pump will work & live longer. But you have a few
more options with the electric waterpump.Run pump after motor is
turned off, better fuel milage, more coolent volume, more HP,
less drag on motor with certain styles of pumps.

The electric pump waterpump systems that I made for myself ,are
for street use..

Thanks RANDY

Back