Stock class at the shooutout???

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
What are the rules?? what goes?? Im seriously thinking about going back to a stock cam/blower as i have to drive the dam thing all the time now.. Will a K&N filter throw yout out of the class?? what can you get away with on exhaust? mines all crap anyway.. could put the stock mufflers back on...

What are the rules?? what goes?? Im seriously thinking about going back to a stock cam/blower as i have to drive the dam thing all the time now.. Will a K&N filter throw yout out of the class?? what can you get away with on exhaust? mines all crap anyway.. could put the stock mufflers back on...

I thought you ported the heads a bit:confused:

You can look at the rules on the Shootout website to find out about the filter, but I think its OK.

My stock setup was faster.. Thinking of just selling my parts and going back all stock. The car was much more enjoyable with gobs of low-end tourque (which it lacks now) plus it eats gas and doesent do much considering the fuel consumption is about the same as my v8 pickup..

Only thing i got from scu was my cam and it will be the first thing to go.. Im just agravated.. the mustang is ALOT faster and ALOT more economical to drive. and ALOT cheaper/easier to mod.. a catback and cai did more for it than anything i ever did for the sc did..

Sorry for the rant! I've been having to daily drive the SC lately and its agravating the hell out of me.. Wife bi**s about it not idling right everytime she drives it etc..

the mustang is ALOT faster and ALOT more economical to drive. and ALOT cheaper/easier to mod

I'm surprised that such a statement would be new to anyone that reads this website and seen what people have gone through with their cars. SC's require patience, plotting, and planning.

Engine:
Must appear stock. Stock longblock (including block, cam, intake manifold, heads and rotating assembly). OE Thunderbird M90 supercharger only - no cut or welded cases allowed. No nitrous, alcohol, propane, or any other injection. Must retain stock IC tubes and OE type IC (air/air in stock location). OE looking double IC's permitted. All engine accessory components must be present including AC and power steering. Must have full rear exit exhaust and must not be unreasonably loud.

Does this mean you can run a early style cam, late style blower, and an early style pulley? ;) Or does it have to be stock for the year?

It mentions stock equipment, but it doesn't specify that it had to be stock for that year ;) I don't think.

But taking the time etc to swap in the 89 5spd cam isn't really worth the effort as I don't think as there wouldn't be any noticable gains to be had for that work, unless you happen to be rebuilding the motor and its out of the car.

Sorry for the rant! I've been having to daily drive the SC lately and its agravating the hell out of me.. Wife bi**s about it not idling right everytime she drives it etc..

Jacob, your car needs a tune. Refusing to get one is causing you to be dissapointed with your car. It would be stupid to put the stock cam back in because that cam is not hurting your power.

No worrys dave im not going to rip the cam out and go stock.. i just wanted to see what i could get away with :) aparently it wont work hehe.. I just have these really sneaky overdrive pulleys i thought i might be able to pull a fast one on you guys :)

Before the shootout my car will be tuned and will have my 42# injectors installed a bigger maf AND a diffrent blower! I seriously think my performance isues are more related to a f'd up blower than anything at this point... 5%js 5% blower and 11psi at 5000rpm?? it just doesen't seem right to me.. I had more boost with a stock pulley before the porting and such.. boost=tourque=fun=fast

1221070214.jpg

1221070214a.jpg

Last edited:
you let the cat out of the bag ive been running a set for long time nobody notices the stock modified ones but everyone notices the alluminum ones .

ive beat many a sc and they never noticed my pulleys lol they cant see the blower mods or the ported heads exh manifolds . many have wondered how my stock sc could beat them now part of the secret is out lol

guess its time to go back to out landish parts

Attachments

• bnbnbnbnbnbbmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.JPG
    bnbnbnbnbnbbmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 77
Back