Bad DIS symptoms?

Kit Sullivan

I took the SC out for a spin today, and did something that it has only done a couple times before over the last year:
The engine will start to randomly 'buck', herky-jerky like some kind of ignition defect while just cruising.
I just take my foot off the gas and coast for a few seconds at it stops, going back to normal operation.
Is this a symptom of a bad DIS module? What else could it be?

How much are the DIS modules to replace?

I took the SC out for a spin today, and did something that it has only done a couple times before over the last year:
The engine will start to randomly 'buck', herky-jerky like some kind of ignition defect while just cruising.
I just take my foot off the gas and coast for a few seconds at it stops, going back to normal operation.
Is this a symptom of a bad DIS module? What else could it be?

How much are the DIS modules to replace?

I had the same bucking problem, but would randomly NOT go away with letting off the gas. It also fails to do it at WOT. Changing the DIS did not solve it, but I did find that the harness that plugs into the DIS had wires that were lose. Still did it awhile ago when the battery died.

I had an abrupt miss during moderate load acceleration, a new coil pack seems to have fixed it or greatly improved it. Car, has done it once since then. Used to do it every time I drove it. Don't know if this is what you experience.

Last edited:
I had the same bucking problem, but would randomly NOT go away with letting off the gas. It also fails to do it at WOT. Changing the DIS did not solve it, but I did find that the harness that plugs into the DIS had wires that were lose. Still did it awhile ago when the battery died.

I had these same symptoms...And then when I would turn off the car to make it stop, it would take 3 or 4 tries to get it started...then when it would start I would have no tach. But then the tach would eventually bounce back up. I replaced my cam sensor and that solved all my problems. :)

See I tried new coil pack, and new cam sensor. nothing.

wiring problem?
voltage spikes?
:confused:

Back