PDA

View Full Version : Up and Running again.../WOOHOO!!!!

mike williams
01-06-2008, 09:53 PM
I just wanted to say thanks to Bryan and Glen for letting me stop by their most excellent shop today. All my daughter talked about for the next 45 min drive back to the house of how nice the property was and that she wants a pond in her backyard now... Also a BIG THANKS to Bryan for the rocker arm cover that I picked up from him. The cover sealed the oil leak perfectly. I finished up around 630 and took her out for a nice lil drive. After stopping to get gas I just had to see how she was realy going to run. Ran 1st gear up to around 4700 rpms while pressing 15psi, shifted to 2nd, and sure enuff, the wheels broke loose, very much to my liking I then proceded to grab 3rd shifting again around 4600-4800 rpms and pressing 15psi. By this time the BIRD was wanting to drift sideways and realy wanting more room to stretch her wings. Shifted to 4th and cruzed back into the neighborhood in fear the local law enforcement may be with in distance of hearing a BLOWN V6 hauling !@# down their street. LOL... Thanks again to everyone that has given me some advice on the direction to go with the bird, Flip, Greg,Bryan, and Glen. If everything works out this weekend I am planing on heading out to the show. See you guys then.
Thanks again,
Mike

SuperChicken89
01-06-2008, 11:04 PM
Mike, glad to hear the rocker arm cover worked out and the car is up and running again. This community is all about helping fellow SC owners out.

Hope to see you at Silver Springs this coming weekend. It would be nice to get 5 or 6 SC's together there.

Bryan

mike williams
01-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Well it has been almost 6 weeks since she has had a bath. I think that is the next thing to do since she isnt sick anymore. I am planing on making it for sure. What direction are you going to be comming to the show? The reason is if you are planning to come 46 to 441 then up to Ocala, then I'd like to met up with you guys and go on in to the show together. Looking forward to this weekend.
Mike

Gregthespy
01-07-2008, 10:08 PM
Glad to hear you got her back up and running and that you were able to source a valve cover. If it had been the driver's side I'd have had you covered! Sunday I was thinking and wondering if I had one in the trunk of the '95 at my sister's place but it turned up no results after cruising out there.

This club is like a specialty auto club for rare birds!

Hope to see you at the meet, we should start to coordinate some sort of caravan in the silver springs post.

Cobra85
01-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Well it has been almost 6 weeks since she has had a bath. I think that is the next thing to do since she isnt sick anymore. I am planing on making it for sure. What direction are you going to be comming to the show? The reason is if you are planning to come 46 to 441 then up to Ocala, then I'd like to met up with you guys and go on in to the show together. Looking forward to this weekend.
Mike

Mike,
Good to hear that everything is good again in SC land. We generally leave out of Orlando and run 11 up to Barberville. We'll meet Dan at VCS and head on over to the Springs on 44 from there.

SuperChicken89
01-07-2008, 11:44 PM
I am planing on making it for sure. What direction are you going to be comming to the show? The reason is if you are planning to come 46 to 441 then up to Ocala, then I'd like to met up with you guys and go on in to the show together. Looking forward to this weekend.
Mike

Mike, like Glenn stated, we usually head up to Silver Springs via I-4 to 44 to 11 then to 40 and meet up with Dan. You could go up 19 and meet us at the junction of 19 & 40 or we could meet you outside the park and drive in together. If I remember correctly, we usually get to the park at just about 8:00am.

We have some time to establish our travel plans yet.

Bryan

onequiksc
01-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Bry, thanks for the call, somehow when I charge my cell it switches the ring style, this time to 'silent', so I got 3 calls/ messages last night I never heard.

Got the part yesterday afternoon, popped it in (couldn't maneuver the strap wrench in that spot-so I hand tightened it best I could) works great, no issues as yet. Brakes feel good.

I'll be in touch.

SuperChicken89
01-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Dan... Glad to hear you received the accumulator and have it installed. You should be good to go with just a hand tightening. Like I mentioned before, it is kind of like installing an oil filter. The o-ring does the sealing. It just has to be tightened enough to keep it from coming loose.

Bryan

Flip
01-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Mike,
Glad to see that you got it back together and that it's running great. Nice to have a fresh set of HG..:D

mike williams
01-09-2008, 06:51 PM
I am glad that I decided to go back with the 3.8 vs the 351w at this time.:) The 3.8 is more of a conversational piece than that of a big ole v8. Having it, an knowing that I can still beat 90% of everything in this town gives me that big cheezy grin that all SC owner get...:D That an the fact that it amazes people when I pop the hood.:eek:

Gregthespy
01-13-2008, 07:50 PM
The ultimate question is.... does this look familiar???

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r163/gregroll/l_a291ce63c6e45b7547c1fc3f44dd4f14.jpg

Capt.Trunks
01-17-2008, 03:50 AM
Well Mike NIce to see your bird is in good shape mine is getting there Running 12's right now and building a engine from Hell:eek: Yup finaly going to do 8's hopfully Im shoot for high horse power and just wish me luck ... if all goes well I let you know how i did it and mabe i could build a engine for you Later Mike ps Call me soon man miss talking to you