PDA

View Full Version : Hey...remember me?

Evil Inside
01-07-2008, 05:05 PM
How's it going guys...it's been a while. Just stopping by to say hey.

I will probably be up at Silver Springs...my buddy has a brand new Shelby GT converstible...so we will be taking it up.

I hope to catch up with you guys while up there, or hopefully follow the crew.

I am back in Orlando after moving away for a little...the SC is no more though.

Gregthespy
01-07-2008, 10:01 PM
Wow! TJ's back around!
How have things been for you TJ. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wondered where you went.
I plan on being up at Silver Springs so hopefully I'll see ya up there.

Evil Inside
01-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Wow! TJ's back around!
How have things been for you TJ. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wondered where you went.
I plan on being up at Silver Springs so hopefully I'll see ya up there.

After things went sour with my ex, I lost my job and just fell into sort of an unwillingness to participate in society. So, I left Orlando and went back to South FL for a little while to get my ~~~~ together so I wouldn't end up some loser. I got a decent job and now things are going pretty okay. I got my own place, still driving the ranger, and I had a good job up until about a month ago at Circuit City as an assistant store manager. So, if anyone knows of a decent position out there, please, let me know.

I just kinda put everything on the back burner for a little while. I might....be looking into getting another SC...but you never know. I was actually looking into a GTO or a Vette...

Anyway, that's the long and short of it, kinda.

Evil Inside
01-07-2008, 10:25 PM
I'm no SC newbie either...I'm just new at actually getting one to work.

fordmangordo
01-07-2008, 10:29 PM
i am mad at my sc for risking my life

Cobra85
01-07-2008, 10:33 PM
I'm no SC newbie either...I'm just new at actually getting one to work.

You'll always be our little "newbie" to us. How's it going TJ? Good to hear you survived.

SuperChicken89
01-07-2008, 11:35 PM
TJ who? I don't remember anyone by the name TJ:D

Damn son, we thought you were gone forever ....moved to the west coast (of Florida) to raise some offspring.

Come by on Saturday and visit with us SCers. Tell your buddy (is it Ben?) I'll race him with my little 3.8 T-Bird. It should be an easy race for that 4.6 Shelby GT :D You know these old 3.8L cars just don't run like one of dem dare new fangled 3 valve Mustangs.

Hope to see you Saturday!

Bryan

Evil Inside
01-07-2008, 11:40 PM
TJ who? I don't remember anyone by the name TJ:D

Damn son, we thought you were gone forever ....moved to the west coast (of Florida) to raise some offspring.

Come by on Saturday and visit with us SCers. Tell your buddy (is it Ben?) I'll race him with my little 3.8 T-Bird. It should be an easy race for that 4.6 Shelby GT :D You know these old 3.8L cars just don't run like one of dem dare new fangled 3 valve Mustangs.

Hope to see you Staurday!

Bryan

No. Ben doesn't have the Mach 1 anymore. Actually, the Shelby should have close to about 550 RWHP with the modifications on order...but that's another story.

I know I was supposed to move over to Tampa and get married and have rugrats but her idea of what was supposed to happen was different than mine.

SuperChicken89
01-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Actually, the Shelby should have close to about 550 RWHP with the modifications on order...but that's another story.

I hope he has some money put aside for a bottom end rebuild that won't be covered by the warranty unless it is done by a Shelby Mod-Shop:D I know another 06 GT-H owner who just installed a Paxton blower and preceded to grenade the bottom end. 550 RWHP is lot to ask from a stock bottom end that isn't forged.

Quote from the owner: "SORRY ABOUT THAT....I WILL GET THEM AS SOON AS I PULL FROM THE SHOP, SAD TO SAY, PUT ON THE PAXTON SUPERCHARGER AND BLEW THE ENGINE IN 10 MINUTES!!!!, ALMOST DONE REBUILDING IT. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THE SUPERCHARGER ON A 4.6 ENGINE UNLESS YOU PREP IT WITH FORGED PISTONS AND RODS...THESE ARE THE MAJOR WEAK LINKS, THIS ENGINE CANNOT HANDLE 500 HORSEPOWER WITHOUT STRONG PARTS. I THREW IN A SET OF DIAMOND PISTONS, MANLEY FORGED RODS, HOT CAMS, VALVE SPRINGS, HAD THE CRANK BALANCED AND HAD THE HEADS PORTED, $5000.00 BUCKS JUST FOR THE PARTS AND MACHINE WORK."

Bryan

Evil Inside
01-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Hmmm. I read a lot into the same kind of issue, mainly in Mustangs and Fast Fords...and you can do some work on them...you just have to do it right. I am installing the Whipple kit from Ford, and looking into beefing up the heads, I've already done the exhaust.

I guess we'll see what happens...

Flip
01-09-2008, 06:10 PM
TJ,
Glad you stopped in to say Hi... I won't be going to Sliver Springs, but maybe I'll see at a later event.

Evil Inside
01-10-2008, 01:42 AM
I hope he has some money put aside for a bottom end rebuild that won't be covered by the warranty unless it is done by a Shelby Mod-Shop:D I know another 06 GT-H owner who just installed a Paxton blower and preceded to grenade the bottom end. 550 RWHP is lot to ask from a stock bottom end that isn't forged.

Quote from the owner: "SORRY ABOUT THAT....I WILL GET THEM AS SOON AS I PULL FROM THE SHOP, SAD TO SAY, PUT ON THE PAXTON SUPERCHARGER AND BLEW THE ENGINE IN 10 MINUTES!!!!, ALMOST DONE REBUILDING IT. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THE SUPERCHARGER ON A 4.6 ENGINE UNLESS YOU PREP IT WITH FORGED PISTONS AND RODS...THESE ARE THE MAJOR WEAK LINKS, THIS ENGINE CANNOT HANDLE 500 HORSEPOWER WITHOUT STRONG PARTS. I THREW IN A SET OF DIAMOND PISTONS, MANLEY FORGED RODS, HOT CAMS, VALVE SPRINGS, HAD THE CRANK BALANCED AND HAD THE HEADS PORTED, $5000.00 BUCKS JUST FOR THE PARTS AND MACHINE WORK."

Bryan

So, the SGT had her first track outing...and ended in big disappointment. No, nothing broke, a first for me, I know, but she was just pitiful. I just don't get the stock setup, I guess.

The first run ended badly. Trapped at 99 with a 14.2. That's just not right. She ran a 2.2 60 foot, which is what probably made the dismal time. The 18 inch stock tires just won't lock out, ESPECIALLY at the Ice Rink. I launched it low, with traction control on, but still nothing. AT LEAST I cut a .054 light...

The second run was even worse. Traction control off, she just sat for a good half a second before even moving cutting a 2.4 60 foot and running a 14.4. WHAT THE CRAP? It also didn't help that I missed 3rd gear...

Bryan...any tips?

SuperChicken89
01-10-2008, 10:48 PM
So, the SGT had her first track outing...and ended in big disappointment. No, nothing broke, a first for me, I know, but she was just pitiful. I just don't get the stock setup, I guess.

The first run ended badly. Trapped at 99 with a 14.2. That's just not right. She ran a 2.2 60 foot, which is what probably made the dismal time. The 18 inch stock tires just won't lock out, ESPECIALLY at the Ice Rink. I launched it low, with traction control on, but still nothing. AT LEAST I cut a .054 light...

The second run was even worse. Traction control off, she just sat for a good half a second before even moving cutting a 2.4 60 foot and running a 14.4. WHAT THE CRAP? It also didn't help that I missed 3rd gear...

Bryan...any tips?

I don't know what to tell you. The 06 Shelby GT-H's are supposed to run like +-13.6 but they are all autos. The 06, 07 and 08's all have the same 4.6L 3V with a CAI and a tune. I think Shelby advertized the 07 and 08's as 319 HP and the 06's were rated at 325 HP. Acording to Shelby the 06's were a little overated:rolleyes:

I would say that your 60' times and the 18" wheels are killing you plus the fact that it is a convertable carrying the extra weight. What kind of pressure were you running in the rear tires? If you haven't already, try to drop the tire pressure and see if that helps.

Bryan

Evil Inside
01-10-2008, 11:40 PM
I don't know what to tell you. The 06 Shelby GT-H's are supposed to run like +-13.6 but they are all autos. The 06, 07 and 08's all have the same 4.6L 3V with a CAI and a tune. I think Shelby advertized the 07 and 08's as 319 HP and the 06's were rated at 325 HP. Acording to Shelby the 06's were a little overated:rolleyes:

I would say that your 60' times and the 18" wheels are killing you plus the fact that it is a convertable carrying the extra weight. What kind of pressure were you running in the rear tires? If you haven't already, try to drop the tire pressure and see if that helps.

Bryan

I was half expecting: Get a new driver. :)

There was a GT-H auto running against me one race and he went a 13.9, and he was drop topped. I dunno...the 18's with the ~~~~~~ tires are the first to go. Looking at some M&H Drag Radials on some 17's. I was running 30 PSI...nothing big. She screeched through every gear, finishing the quarter topping out third. There was a Roush Stage 3 on drag radials doing 13.6's, and no one was hooking up. We'll have to see what happens in the future, I suppose.

Is there a meeting place Saturday?

SuperChicken89
01-11-2008, 12:00 AM
I was half expecting: Get a new driver. :)

Is there a meeting place Saturday?

If it makes you feel better.... Get a new driver:D

We really haven't talked of a meeting place yet. If you want to meet up with Glenn and I, we could meet at the Hess station like we did several years ago. Now we have to figure out a time.

Bryan

Evil Inside
01-11-2008, 12:09 AM
If it makes you feel better.... Get a new driver:D

We really haven't talked of a meeting place yet. If you want to meet up with Glenn and I, we could meet at the Hess station like we did several years ago. Now we have to figure out a time.

Bryan

Whatever works...