Question about changing ID name

Evan_90SC

If I want to have my ID name changed, will my name change in all of my previous threads and posts? Like this one for example...will my name in the left corner change to my new one, after my name is changed...or will it stay as my old one? Also, does my number of posts go back to zero? When I created my ID name I didn't know I was going to be using this site so much...now I don't like my ID name anymore and want something more unique...:cool: Thanks!

Last edited:
I really doubt that's possible. Sites like these use encrypted databases and I'm pretty sure this is an older version of vbulletin. Maybe it would, but I have never heard of anyone being able to actually change their username though. You can make a new one, that's about it.

Oh...I thought that I could send an email to an administrator and they could change my ID name. I just didn't know if it would change all the previous posts under the old name as well. I did a search on it and read in a thread that an administrator could change an ID name. Maybe that is wrong...? I'll search for it again.

Oh...I thought that I could send an email to an administrator and they could change my ID name. I just didn't know if it would change all the previous posts under the old name as well. I did a search on it and read in a thread that an administrator could change an ID name. Maybe that is wrong...? I'll search for it again.

Email scguys@sccoa.com and see what they say.

I changed mine a couple years back and yes, it will change to the new name on all of the old posts just like your signature would.

I changed mine a couple years back and yes, it will change to the new name on all of the old posts just like your signature would.

Well I don't have a signature because I'm not a paid member...yet :D... But that does answer my question. I just don't want my old posts, and ongoing ones, to not change because then no one would recognize my name...:rolleyes: lol. I'm glad to know now that I don't have to worry about that happening. How did you get yours changed? Did you send a message to scguys@sccoa.com ...and ask them to change your name? It seems that they get lots of email because I sent a message to them a week ago, and haven't gotten a reply...

It is something only an admin can do on the boards. If done correctly it will switch all the old posts to the new user name. We have done it for a few members.

These types of questions should go in the sccoa.com forum, so we will see them more quickly. There is a lot of mail at scguys@sccoa.com and as you can imagine this type of change does not have very high priority among other tasks.

It is something only an admin can do on the boards. If done correctly it will switch all the old posts to the new user name. We have done it for a few members.

These types of questions should go in the sccoa.com forum, so we will see them more quickly. There is a lot of mail at scguys@sccoa.com and as you can imagine this type of change does not have very high priority among other tasks.

Yeah I understand that. I have sent an email, so I'll just wait for the response and go from there. Thanks.

Maybe if I join as a paid member, and pay the fee, I could get my name changed at the same time my membership is set up...?

Back