No Wings?

cmill95

Is it just me or did alot of supercoupes come off the factory line with out a wing? it seems like from what i've seen that over half of our birds didn't come with either a sunroof or a wing oreven worse, not having both!

any thoughts or opinions:D

Do you by chance mean a spoiler?????? wings get glued on ricers and look like something you tote them around by........and some of us prefer our roofs not to have leaky, noisy, holes in them..................LOL...........Dan

Im not sure but I think it was a dealer installed option in 95 and they seem to come from the factory in 96-97. Too late for the SC.

According to my paperwork, mine was a dealer installed option. I don't think the factory ever put one on an SC

I have a 96 LX that has a factory spoiler. Even has the LED 3rd brake light and has no 3rd brake light in the rear window. What year car do you have ?

Dealer most of the time order the Cars they want to have on the inventory. They get stuck with the loaded vehicles most of the time since the price is a big jump from a less equiped one. So a $900 sunroof option will increase a car payment by $20. So they order the less option vehicles and give you a good deal on them to get them moving. Very few people factory order vehicles and with the specs they want, Then wait 2 months for the car to come in.

The spoiler was not an option when the SC was being produced. Ford gave a part # to the factory spoiler in 95 I think. So all the spoilers you see, most of them are dealer add ons from accesories Co. Or added after the fact. I like SCs with spoilers but only a selected few.

I like the one I have on my car "discontinued", Both Xenon versions, and the discontinued 3 piece stick on wrap around thats on Dalkes SWB, AA specialties, and last the factory 96 spoiler. In that order.

All others look weird and looks like it does not belong.

2134005_14_full.jpg

valentin2.jpg

P0001109s.jpg

dalke21.jpg

630286_25_full.jpg

340117_12_full.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 96 LX that has a factory spoiler. Even has the LED 3rd brake light and has no 3rd brake light in the rear window. What year car do you have ?

Same here on my '97 LX - factory spoiler with built-in 3rd brake light.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

i have a 95 with both the sunroof and the spoiler. check out my pics on TCCOA in my gallery under cmill95. i've tried several times to have my pics added to my member page on this site but nothing yet:eek:

Last edited:
A litle off topic but the Borbets on the light blue car are smokin.
I wish I could find a set of those.

Drew

i have a 95 with both the sunroof and the spoiler. check out my pics on TCCOA in my gallery under cmill95. i've tried several times to have my pics added to my member page on this site but nothing yet:eek:

You have my #1 favorite wing for an SC. Lucky you. I searched for a while to find it. It was a dealer add on, but not factory. Several 94-95 have this wing so it must have been a popular vendor that had this style wing. I was not able to find the Maker of it.
There is also the Cerivinis wing that looks like ours but its too short IMO. Def a keeper.
vbpgimage.php

The spoilers were Dealer Installed options in 95-96 & 97 and Factory Installed in 96 & 97.

The base part number was F6SZ 6344210 & F7SZ 6344210 with the appropriate the letter paint code suffix.

The wing I added to my 94 is very similar to the one on cmill's car. I personally thought the car looked naked without a spoiler on the trunk lid. I think it goes with all the GFX, Ford should have made them standard equipment for the SC.

Do you by chance mean a spoiler?????? wings get glued on ricers and look like something you tote them around by........and some of us prefer our roofs not to have leaky, noisy, holes in them..................LOL...........Dan
Actually, wing is the correct term. A wing has airflow over and below it. A spoiler only has airflow over it. Pictures 1,5 and 6 in post #7 show wings. The rest are spoilers.

I'm glad neither of my SCs have spoilers/wings/whatever you want to call them. Only one has a sunroof and I prefer not having one.

I'm glad neither of my SCs have spoilers/wings/whatever you want to call them. Only one has a sunroof and I prefer not having one.

I'm with you. I feel that the wing/spoiler/whatever, ruin the styling lines of the car, and look like an afterthought. Remember, the original target market for the SC was the upscale executive/sport buyer in the BMW segment. Wings didn't fit the image. The dealers added wings for the same reason they offer $1000 pin stripes, and $500 undercoating and "paint protection" - PROFIT MARGIN. They'd screw a bowling trophy to the hood if they thought someone would buy it, and they could make an extra buck!

Oh, and I specifically looked for an SC without a moonroof. Having a hole in the roof of anything I own (car, house, etc.) has always seemed like a bad idea to me. I wouldn't pass up the right car if it had a moonroof, but I would (and have) passed up SC's with wings tacked on.

But, to each his own preference. I'm just an originality nut...

JD

Back