damn ive created a monster

89tird

well i see it that way, tonight i installed the other sc i have with the 10 % and i took it for a spin and omg this thing became a beast , acceleration is crazy and the rears break lloose all over the place , boost went from 8-9 to like more than 13 i got to 13 but then i llet of but it was still going up fast.. guy who i got the charger and exhaust from was getting 15

ok i got the full catback can anybody show me a good ic fan?

Spinningwheels has a nice 8"..... but even that won't help you much until you get a double IC. Your lucky the stock tune runs rich stock wise, and your losing power with that 10% ;).

i need a tune with a 10%??, well i got an extra lc, i guess i just have to weld them now .

can you please explain how im loosing power? thanks

i've got the 8" fan Frit is talkin about. got it from SCP about 2 years ago. pulls 800cfm. but now with my front mount i need a pusher, not a puller.

PM me if interested :)

i need a tune with a 10%??, well i got an extra lc, i guess i just have to weld them now .

your power loss is in the timing the EEC is pulling because of the raised intake air temps. with a stock IC it cant get rid of the heat the 10% is making, so instead of detonation, the computer pulls timing out, resulting in power loss.

i wouldnt say a tune is needed, but definitely throw an IC fan on and keep at least 93 octane in it. ( i think some Shell stations have 94)

What he means is that you are gaining power and torque on the bottom end, but you are actually hurting performance on the top end, because your blower is creating much more heat that a stock intercooler has trouble keeping up with. You may notice it on the top end, maybe not. A dyno would see it though.

btw, technically any performance you do above a cold air intake or catback exhaust requires a tune. The more air you push through your engine the more fuel you need to keep up with this added air. On a stock tune I wouldn't do much more then a 5% pulley, catback, exhaust, and a cold air intake. Luckily the tune on most cars is rich from the factory, if not you wouldn't want to do any mods without a tune.

Last edited:
The guys have it right. At this point, it appears you have more than me, but on a long haul I'll toast your butt. Your ACT's are going up big time, and as soon as they hit 120 F it pulls timing.

thanks for explaining makes sense now, what cai you guys recommend , i got the stock intake but would like more sc whine, i was just thinking of slapping a long conical in there

thunderkid you goot a pm

~~~~ getting a 1,200 ic or double stock one
when you can get meth injection for $400 bucks and get better results

duh!!!!!!!!!!!

The guys have it right. At this point, it appears you have more than me, but on a long haul I'll toast your butt. Your ACT's are going up big time, and as soon as they hit 120 F it pulls timing.

so i got more than you ? haha!, jk i should hook the gtech on to se what im running .

i should race you with my crown vic on a long haul

well i got an extra lc, i guess i just have to weld them now .

I would just use them as cores and buy a well built double IC (which I know where to find one) Not saying that I wouldn't run meth, but I'd upgrade the intercooler.

-Melon

so i got more than you ? haha!, jk i should hook the gtech on to se what im running .

i should race you with my crown vic on a long haul

Sounds like a challenge :D... I'll just warn you that stock looking don't mean stock running ;). Besides, we're talking SC's here so don't bring something else in in outside of that scope ;). FWIW, I buried a vic at the track the day I was there, and supposedly it was all worked up from a police package with a turbo... the guy was VERY miffed when he found out I was only running a little 6 with a little blower at full weight. The best of it was I was actually having problems with the bypass being fully shut all the time so everything was cooking. My ACT's where higher than my ECT's.

Without any fans on a stock IC, before I hit the 1/8 mile mark my ACT's where up high enough to pull timing, and thats with only 3% on a mild ported 94 blower. I know this cause I datalogged it.

I've got a solution for my situation that will help, but I'm not gonna give my secrets away just yet, as I got a class to win.

Basically, all I'm saying is COOL that thing down.

fturner arnt those fast rules pretty strict.You could probably make a few fans LOOK stock...... I have roughly the same stuff as you.... havent had a chance to hit the track yet though. Im runnin a stock IC right now at 15lbs its been 20degrees outside but we hit a record high of 70 the other day and it felt like I had 100 fat chicks hanging from my bumper:rolleyes: Id love to do a snow kit but I cant afford a tune right now... Ill stick with my 36's and sampling tube to match for now.

if your running high 14's and you beat him then i really doubt he had a turbo, my vic is going vortech very soon.

i hope to have the bird running right so i could work on the vic so i need to geta ic fan and cai, it gets hot down here, thanks

The rules are stict as to how the car "looks" and that the whole thing behind it. My baby is a sleeper and I ain't finished yet ;). My fan secret will be revealed later at an event maybe ;). When the car isn't running you won't know the fan is there.

With the estimations with the software I'm using as well as Dave D's help to tune my car she's knocking on 13's door. When I set the 14.4 run as indicated in my sig, I actually spun the first 100 feet down the track with my bypass valve that never opened so she was cooking even before I did the run.

I was also running with street tires (Michelin Hydroedges) when I did that run.

I'm pusing 17psi when I get to 4700 RPM's.

The rules are stict as to how the car "looks" and that the whole thing behind it. My baby is a sleeper and I ain't finished yet ;). My fan secret will be revealed later at an event maybe ;). When the car isn't running you won't know the fan is there.

With the estimations with the software I'm using as well as Dave D's help to tune my car she's knocking on 13's door. When I set the 14.4 run as indicated in my sig, I actually spun the first 100 feet down the track with my bypass valve that never opened so she was cooking even before I did the run.

I was also running with street tires (Michelin Hydroedges) when I did that run.

I'm pusing 17psi when I get to 4700 RPM's.

Hidden nitrous is your friend :D

:Di dont think i could make it to a meet in canada so you could tell me your secret , i wont tell.

guys would it be ok for me to drive the car staying out of boost until i get the ic fan, would i hurt anything

:Di dont think i could make it to a meet in canada so you could tell me your secret , i wont tell.

guys would it be ok for me to drive the car staying out of boost until i get the ic fan, would i hurt anything

yea you'd be ok. u can put it into boost but dont run around pegging the gauge all the time.

Back