Injector Pulse????

notorious sc

It has been weeks that I haven't been able to figure out why this P.O.S. doesn't have any injector pulse.Im half a step away of pushing this car off a cliff and never buying another SC again.I ve already swicth out ECM and all the common sensors.I feel like cryin out of frustration.Can someone PLEASE point me into the right direction in solving this problem or should I just give it the junkyard? Thanks

How are you checking for injector pulse?Are you using a noid light? If you are using anything else you can ruin a good ECM. Also make sure all the grounds on the engine harnesses are attatched.

Have you checked all the wires from the crank sensor and cam sensor to the DIS module to make sure none of them are cut etc?

Dumb questions (sorry if they've been asked already):

1. Did you try to reset the inertia switch in the trunk (behind left side panel)?

2. Did you try to pull error codes from the computer?

I'll read my EEC diagnostic book this weekend and see if I can come up with anything else to check for you.

It has been weeks that I haven't been able to figure out why this P.O.S. doesn't have any injector pulse.Im half a step away of pushing this car off a cliff and never buying another SC again.I ve already swicth out ECM and all the common sensors.I feel like cryin out of frustration.Can someone PLEASE point me into the right direction in solving this problem or should I just give it the junkyard? Thanks

What makes you think it should have an injector pulse?

I get zero volts everything else seems be good.The ecm is good,the engine will turn 1 or 2 pistons will fire up,but if I keep spraying starting fluid through the intake it wants to come alive.Thanks every one for the info.I will check and maybe replace all the grounds.

I get zero volts everything else seems be good.The ecm is good,the engine will turn 1 or 2 pistons will fire up,but if I keep spraying starting fluid through the intake it wants to come alive.Thanks every one for the info.I will check and maybe replace all the grounds.

Zero volts where? Is there a spec you are working off? The Pinpoint tests use a test lamp, not a voltage.

Are you sure the harness for the injectors isn't disconnected?

notorious sc , did you get it fixed? If so what did you find wrong? I have been having the same problem for the last 3 weeks. It driving me nuts!:confused:

lilredstang

Well I did manage to get it runnig,but I only 4 injectors are pulsing.Only two in one side are not. I belive that that it my be the EEC.Im gonna switch it out this weekend.At first the the scanner would let me in,but a friend of a friend works at Ford come and looked at it,then he brought a different computer scanner and unlocked and diactivate the theft system.

Back