rear rotor bearing replacement..(needle bearings)

92sclikenew

ok i search didnt find any info......:eek:

i have never changed the rear case/rotor bearings in a m90..and i need to replace them on my ported 89blower... :rolleyes: i have the blower apart know its the prob,and bought the bearings.. so how hard is it...

i have a press... so i can do the job... i think.. have tons of tools of free access... :p :D;);)

pretty much just looking for a few pointers b4 juming in on this...

is it as simple as it looks....

thanks for any input;);)

Last edited:
ok i search didnt find any info......:eek:

i have never changed the rear case/rotor bearings in a m90..and i need to replace them on my ported 89blower... :rolleyes: i have the blower apart know its the prob,and bought the bearings.. so how hard is it...

i have a press... so i can do the job... i think.. have tons of tools of free access... :p :D;);)

pretty much just looking for a few pointers b4 juming in on this...

is it as simple as it looks....

thanks for any input;);)

NO ONE HAS ANYTHING TO SAY??????:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

If I'm not mistaken they only go one way because there is a lip that stops the bearing and I think they need to be pressed from the outside and pushed in.Somone please correct me if I'm wrong.I used our press at work the guys use for suspension parts.I took a socket that was a hair smaller then the bearing and used it to press them out and put the new ones in and slowly pressed them in until you can feel them stop and thats it.

If I'm not mistaken they only go one way because there is a lip that stops the bearing and I think they need to be pressed from the outside and pushed in.Somone please correct me if I'm wrong.I used our press at work the guys use for suspension parts.I took a socket that was a hair smaller then the bearing and used it to press them out and put the new ones in and slowly pressed them in until you can feel them stop and thats it.

well i did them b4 i got to read this.....

but all is good.. did anyone get a bit of metal shavings while pushing them in????? cuz i did on both and they were as straght as i could get them!!!

well got the bearings all changed out and its on the car now.. but i still have the chatter?????:eek:

guess they werent the prob:eek::confused::rolleyes:

well i have another blower guess its try to switch rotor packs and then snouts.. to figure it out

Back