Has anyone Seen this 1995 SC

Those things are horrible. Just for sake of argument, does anyone know what's involved in the conversion? Wondering what it might take to restore an otherwise nice and low mileage SC that was converted.

JD

those conversions are hideous............i keep seeing many of these so i guess they sell.......to eachs own but some ppl have terrible taste:mad:

Those things are horrible. Just for sake of argument, does anyone know what's involved in the conversion? Wondering what it might take to restore an otherwise nice and low mileage SC that was converted.

JD

The whole front end will just unbolt and you can bolt some factory fenders, hood, and bumper back on. The quarter panel pieces are fiberglass sections that are bonded onto the metal, so it would take a lot of grinding and scraping and sanding and body work to fix the quarters. Then you also have to figure for a complete paint job. Definitely not worth the effort.

The whole front end will just unbolt and you can bolt some factory fenders, hood, and bumper back on. The quarter panel pieces are fiberglass sections that are bonded onto the metal, so it would take a lot of grinding and scraping and sanding and body work to fix the quarters. Then you also have to figure for a complete paint job. Definitely not worth the effort.

Thanks for the input; it's about as I suspected. And, for the right car, it definately would be worth the effort. Visualize a low-mileage, one owner, 95 5-speed car that is in otherwise nearly-new condition. It'd be worth saving one of those...

JD

Thanks for the input; it's about as I suspected. And, for the right car, it definately would be worth the effort. Visualize a low-mileage, one owner, 95 5-speed car that is in otherwise nearly-new condition. It'd be worth saving one of those...

JD

I think it'd be worth slapping whoever did that to the car to begin with. Plus they would think that the money they spent to bastardize the car would make it worth more, so it isn't like you'll find a cheap 95 5-speed hiding under an easy rod kit. If you do though, more power to you and have fun fixing what some idiot screwed up.

I think it'd be worth slapping whoever did that to the car to begin with. Plus they would think that the money they spent to bastardize the car would make it worth more, so it isn't like you'll find a cheap 95 5-speed hiding under an easy rod kit. If you do though, more power to you and have fun fixing what some idiot screwed up.

I agree that whoever does that to an SC needs a beating. However, all the years I've spent in the car hobby have taught me one thing; you never know what you're going to come across. I've stumbled onto some fabulous deals over the years ($100 Hemi car, $1,500 one-owner 440 R/T, $3,500 AAR 'Cuda, etc.). The best deals happen when people die, and the relatives don't know what they have or what it's worth...

I'm not going "hunting" for one of these SC/Rod abortions, but if I stumble onto a cheap one, I'll certainly pick it up. Probably never happen, but you never know...

JD

Am I the only person on earth that likes that kit.....I was talking about getting that car and putting my engine from the white car in it and then selling my 90 "stock"

But I lost my job......I plan to have one of those kit cars....maybe I'll get one for my SC....I just cant bring myself to molest a 45K SC

~~~?

Why on earth would you take a low production car and mod it that way? Most people who jack up*ahem* modify there cars with ugly*ahem* fiberglass kits use cheap mass produced vehicles. To take a SC and screw it up this way is just insidiuous and gross. Go find a Fiero or something to screw up!!!

Just my 2cents:p

Why on earth would you take a low production car and mod it that way? Most people who jack up*ahem* modify there cars with ugly*ahem* fiberglass kits use cheap mass produced vehicles. To take a SC and screw it up this way is just insidiuous and gross. Go find a Fiero or something to screw up!!!

Just my 2cents:p

Or if you must have that kit, at least have the decency to put it on a thrashed 3.8NA LX bird.

Back